Meteotemplate - new free website template

Yes both is possible, the question is what would be more useful. I mean, whether in case Brian changes it, more people would benefit from it. It is up to you Brian, Im not sure how much work it is for you, otherwise I would make a modified version of the script over the weekend.

latest .zip update of WD does not now have those leading zeros on the time and date when converting a data file to logfile

It is a pleasure to have a developer like you Brian, for all that use your SW or develop stuff that is supposed to be compatible with it (like me) :slight_smile:

I hope it solves the problem and if not I will try to have a closer look at what could be the problem.

next I will work on creating a combined logfile…ie with solar data it, indoor data, along with the normal weather data,
(i.e added to the convert logfiles setup)

lol, that would be awesome.

I just spent a few hours creating a macro that would import log files to get rid of the issue of the leading space on days 1 to 9 so that it can be imported into Excel with a space delimiter.
Looks like you have just ‘fixed’ this by adding a zero.

Why am I importing into Excel? So I can merge solar/UV data into the logs for use with Jacyhm’s data importer (he doesn’t use UV yet, but maybe one day!)

However if you are going to add the ability to create a merged log then that would save me many hours :slight_smile:

It is not a simple copy/paste as you have to merge the records to take into account differing data sets, i.e records that exist in normal log file and not in vantagelog and vice versa.

Hi,
I have been asked about UV many times, I guess the problem is that back when I was creating most of the station pages, I did not know it is measured. I dont have Davis myself and I knew there is a sensor for solar radiation, but I didnt know about the UV.
Now the problem is that it would be weird if you had data for all the parameters, and UV data would by “null” for certain period people have already been using this. And remember that those people could not retrospectivally import their UV data because for that period they already have values in the db.

At least I added the possibility to show the current UV value on the homepage, first for WD and Cumulus and just yesterday I also added this functionality for Meteobridge and Weather Link IP

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in to say it works now with the lastest update :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for your help and work Brian.

Best Regards

Georg

Hi Martyn,

I’d definitely be interested in looking at your PHP script that updates the DB.
You mention you used it to update for your missing Wind Dirs, I assume it matches on date/time columns (do you use Year, month, day, hour, minute cols?) and you used the same mechanism for your separate UV/Solar from the vantagelogs?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi guys,

New block is now available. This is one of the most sophisticated and complicated blocks. It is divided into several sections. The whole point of this block is to give a sort of daily summary/almanach of things, but not just using tables and graphs, but rather in a more ‘human way’ for those who prefer reading text.
The script takes data from the database, forecast from external source and also makes its own calculations to generate a word description of various things. This includes current values, forecast, information about lunar and solar eclipses, Moon phases, Sun and Moon rise and set, interesting days, such as days with some weather related world records, meteor showers, season changes etc.
It analyzes long-term data as well as current data. It will tell you for example what the temperatures were like today, what you can expect tomorrow based on long-term averages, it will summarize the forecast for the upcoming week and also provide lots of other information.
The script has algorithms that analyze the numerical data and their relationships and then generate a text. The algorithms also have several variants, which means it randomly chooses particular words and their synonyms so the generated text is always unique and calculated in real-time.
The info shown obviously depends on the particular day. Below are just some example strings generated by the block and screenshots. It will of course use the units and settings based on your config.php or user selection.

Some examples:

[size=8pt][size=8pt]Today:Today is Friday, February 19, 2016. The Sun rises today at 06:55 and sets at 17:19, which means the day is 3 minutes longer than yesterday. Moon rise is at 14:11, set at 04:40. The current Moon illumination is 86.4% (Waxing gibbous).
Current:[i]It is currently 4.5

Good work Martyn =D> I really need to get around to doing this too, there are so many occasions when it would be really nice to be able to run custom queries against the historical data :frowning:

for a all in one logfile (that you can set to be created, e.g to update a mysql data base with past data)…what data should I have…
i.e like the as is now logfile, then solar and uv tacked on the end…and what else is needed…soil temp/soil moist…leaf wetness…etc?

I would be happy with the log + solar, but I’m sure those with all the bells and whistles would want all those too :frowning:

It’s a interesting question whether to include calculated fields, like dewpoint or min/max, or expect a database user to calculate those. As a former database guy I would be OK with just the base data, but I know that some of the existing MySQL users like redundancy.

Meteotemplate calculates this, does not use the calculated values and there is a very simple reason I did that - consistency. I know that all SW - be it WD, CUmulus, Meteobridge… they usually report some calculated values, dew point for example in almost all cases. Dew point is actually relatively ok, but wind chill/apparent temp/heat index - there are various formulas to calculate this and so I wanted to make sure this is consistent, especially in cases where user changes SW etc.

a bit distracted today…arm chair chasing a record breaking Hurricane about to hit Fiji
(this cyclone beats a cyclone that was record breaking in the south Pacific only just last year, and the previous record breaking cyclone was only 10 years ago…warmer than normal ocean temperatures in the area are to blame-> global warming + El Nino)

monstor2.png

Solar and UV would be great and possibly anything else that is not calculated from base data would be useful too for those who track it.

Thanks Martyn, nice work. I’ll have a play.

it is proving challenging to come up with a way to line up the solar log data with the normal log data…but I will get there

:smiley: Yes, this is exactly why I asked you about this, because I think it would be nice to have just one single log of everything and also, so far it is impossible to try to match them - or I should say, almost impossible to do automatically, one must always have to do it manually and most users dont want to do it.

Once again big thanks Brian for working on this, Im sure many will appreciate it.

managed to do it, latest .zip update (it places — if the data has not lined up in the xxxxxcombinedlg.txt file)

Great, well we will see how it works once someone tries it with their logs :slight_smile: