'Idesign Simplicity' Template by Brian Underdown

Hi,

I regularly update to the latest version of the template. I use two folders PWS1 and PWS2. I just install the latest version of the template over the older one. That way I always have the latest version and the one before that.

All you do is download the folder from the home weather website and upload it to your host. You then just need to access the easyweathersetp.php to add in your settings. Within about 15 minutes you will be back up and running.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. I hoped it would be that easy!

Now all I have to do is decide which version: since the data source is always going to be clientraw.txt from WD I suppose the WD-X5 standalone version would be best.

Bitsostring,

Brian tried to reply this morning but couldn

Hello just for reference I

[quote author=weatherist34 link=topic=63245.msg528506#msg528506 date=1509809855]

[quote author=pwilman link=topic=63245.msg528504#msg528504 date=1509801323]
Brian tried to reply this morning but couldn

You can ask brian wd to add it onto the end of the API then I can just create the line in the livedata.php and add the extra sensor module … I can

Will need your help so don

[quote author=weatherist34 link=topic=63245.msg528510#msg528510 date=1509813155]
Will need your help so don

[quote author=weatherist34 link=topic=63245.msg528509#msg528509 date=1509812735]
You can ask brian wd to add it onto the end of the API then I can just create the line in the livedata.php and add the extra sensor module … I can

Good morning

No it should be wd.php it also shows in the screenshot of wd directly below it .

wd.txt is where your data is stored .

Brian

Need some clarification and guidance please. I am running WD with meteotemplate and some custom scripts. I also run Wxsim.
I do not use WD with Sql, but I do run mysql on my server for Meteotemplate.
The question is, does Wx34 w/wxsim need a database on the server to run the WD and WXSIM version. I am getting conflicting info.
Looking at the WXSIM-WDAPI package, the setup has DB info requested.
Which package should I use and does it need a server Db?
Any help would be appreciated.
www.s-p.me/wxsim
www.s-p.me

Well, there is no better way to answer one’s question than jump in. Tried the WXSIM-WDAPI module and it seems to work without a DB.
There are two minor issue that might need looking into:

1. Using US measures, the Temperature module (top row) shows F for max and C for Min.
  2. the cloudheight scaling is not working well. My cloudheight is midway into the upper module above. (we do have real high cloud height in these parts of high deserts)
    Great looking template.

www.s-p.me/wxsim/index.php

hello

simple fix for celsius displaying in module change the the c to f weatherunitf highlighted in bold below

//fahrenheit
else if ($weather[“temp_units”]==‘F’ && $weather[“temp_today_low”]>0){echo “<div class="circlelowtemp">”, number_format($weather[“temp_today_low”],1) ;
echo " “.$weatherunitc.” “.$lang[‘Min’].”

" ;}

to

//fahrenheit
else if ($weather[“temp_units”]==‘F’ && $weather[“temp_today_low”]>0){echo “<div class="circlelowtemp">”, number_format($weather[“temp_today_low”],1) ;
echo " “.$weatherunitf.” “.$lang[‘Min’].”

" ;}

as for your cloud height ok no problem but no fix for you its a temperature dewpoint formula

im on your site now

in Celsius/Fahrenheit temp 21.0(70.2f) dewpoint -9.5(15.1f) yep minus 9.5 with temperature of 21c , i have never seen anything like that if it is real then this script will never work for you ! so i wouldnt use it i certainly have never seen that here hence it was never developed with those type of readings to hand so my sincere apologies.

as for mysql if you dont want to use mysql you can use original the non api wxsim version in the all versions zip download. that simply uses weather underground history for charts…*note the older versions are no longer developed or have any of the recent features added.

the wx-sim version using mysql is purely a beta until end of this month , have a few beta testers looking for issues so when its totally good i will announce its release.

for cloudbase ive simulated your readings this is a bit better

in solar1.php or cloudbase.php at the foot of the file change the 110 to 90 highlighted in bold below or you could try lower values like 85 or 80

to

hello

3 additional sensors added on see screenshots below , set via easyweathersetup .

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

brian

Good morning

standalone WD-API / MYSQL versions now merged into one template so you have a choice and if you are not successfully managing to setup your database you can revert to the data stored at weather underground if you send data there.

new option in easyweathersetup.php allows you to choose which source of data you use for charts .

1.if you use mysql select wdcharts
2.if you do not use mysql choose chartswu

screenshot below

available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

I have been asked about this script I use on my personal website , it is a modified version on Ken True metar script , i simply created a batch of new icons in svg to match the template and added some additional css for colour . I have NO plans to release this you can obtain the original from Kens website at http://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-metar.php#metar

Im fortunate to be less than 3km line of sight of the nearest airport and 3 others within a 30km range line of sight . to use it you would need to be basically near to an airport/field etc.
it is a good options as weather underground data is somewhat hit and miss at times . I am putting together a TAF forecast script to use the icons and colours etc .
so thanks again to Ken True .

[quote author=weatherist34 link=topic=63245.msg528506#msg528506 date=1509809855]

I doubt it will happen

see http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/64580

Yes I noticed that page:

Please Do Not Ask For Weather Display Support = there is no compatiable files in the downloads.

then it’s crossed posts…

Has somebody that wd-wxsim-homeweather script still available, anyway ?

thanks for attention Jachym