Yearly Rainfall Inconsistencies

WD is showing a YTD Rainfall of 20.88 inches, however it should read more like 3.25 inches.

I have gone into Averages/Extremes and can not seem to find where it is picking up the 20.88" value. In fact, sometimes it appears correct, and others not…

I realize that the values for specific days can be edited, but I cannot seem to find any day that skews the data.

I have attached three example screen shots.

One: Selecting 31 May 2020 and clicking Update Whole Month. Shows Rainfall for Year 3.122 in.

Two: Selecting 1 June 2020 and clicking View Selected Day. Shows Rainfall for Year 3.25 in.

Three: Same date selected, clicking Update Whole Month shows Rainfall for Year 20.878 in. (Highlighted in Purple).

The yearly total rainfall appears to have reset in January (as expected), and the console currently reads YTD rain at 3.16 in. (close enough)

I don’t see how/where WD is picking up the incorrect value of 20.878 in. And it isn’t consistent.

There’s got to be some data or log file somewhere that has the funky value, but I don’t know where to look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WD 10.37S B56
Windows 10
Acurite Station / VIS

first thing I would do is use the latest version and then we can go forward from there
(i.e you send me your settings and data files)

using your settings
in WD
on the main screen
the year to date rain is
20.88 in
which you can edit, via the setting the start rain totals, offsets and intial rain

so when you view this months rain data, under view, av/ext
then it will show the current year to date rain total
if you then view last months data
then it uses the each month rain total to get the total from the start of the year to that current month
you can see those totals under view, rain chart
and that is correct, using those totals
you can edit those totals if they are not correct (e.g using the value shown at the end of the WD logfile for those months)

if you go to view, rain chart, you will see each months rain total

Thank you very much, Brian.

That was a super easy fix - I just didn’t know where to find it.

Thanks again for a great software package, and super support!