WxSIM 3in1 Forecast Script Version Comparison Question

I’m looking at upgrading to the latest WxSim 3in1 Forecast Script (v5.1) and am comparing it’s output to the previous version (v4.2). A couple of differences have jumped out at me and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these. The first has to do with precipitation showing up on the Temp/Prec/Baro graph. In version 4.2, my graph shows small amounts of rain (0.01, 0.03, and 0.04) on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday of the upcoming week. However, the version 5.1 graph doesn’t show any rain on the graph for these days. However, it does show the amounts both in the Hour-by-Hour table below the graph. In looking at the graph on other user’s websites, it appears no forecasted rain shows on the graph unless it’s at least 0.1 inches. Does anyone’s graph show amounts less than 0.1 inches?

Also, there seems to be a “timing” issue with version 5.1 versus 4.2. When I look at the Hour-by-Hour table for Tuesday, v4.2 shows 0.01 inches for the 12:00 3-hour period and 0.01 inches for the 15:00 3-hour period. However, the v5.1 table shows only 0.01 inches for the 15:00 3-hour period. When I look at lastret.txt that is used by both scripts, PTOT actually shows 0.01 inches at 14:30 and all 30-minute intervals until 18:00 when it increases to 0.02 inches. I know this probably sounds nit-picky, but it appears the logic between the two versions has changed and isn’t producing the same results. You can see the v4.2 version at http://www.tylertexasweather.com/ttwfcast.htm and the v5.1 version at http://www.tylertexasweather.com/ttwfcast2.htm

Just wondering if it’s just me or if others have noticed this.

Thanks,

Steve

I’m having problems getting past the absence of precipitation bars. If you compare my ‘wsWxsim’ page with my ‘Wxsim 3-in-1’ page you will see that the precipitation bars are missing on the latter’s display, but some precipitation amounts are listed. This isn’t very helpful when we’re used to the bars as a visual representation of the amounts.

And, no, my Wxsim 3-in-1 page doesn’t display precipitation amounts less than 0.1" either.

I’m not sure why some things have gone missing in the update.