WS2300 OFL error

Last night I noticed on the console instead of speed in the compass I had OFL, this happened 3 or 4 times over the next hour or so, also everytime the direction changes and shows NNW 339 degrees but prevailing wind is like SE, next update it clears and it displays speed again and back to SE, my graphs (wind) also looking a bit square, flat line bits for speed as well for 2 or 3 mins.

Working fine this morning, any ideas guys ? is it the anometer, this only got replace earlier in the year or do I need to use cat 5, recently changed from wireless to cabled.

phil

Phil - it is the cable from the anemometer - yes i too, have to change it out for Cat5E which is screened. You need an earthing stake out at the hygro - field hub. Its best to just earth the shield at that point and not connect the instrument to the shield. Replace either from inside the mounting stalk or in a termination box outside on the mast.

While you are at it, you may upgrade the cable back to the console as well - esp if it goes past the PC or another electronics device.

Graeme
TokKiwi

Thanks for the reply Graeme, the cable back to console is cat 5, so thats done all is not lost yet, the recently installed pond cam which is wireless, is with six feet of the hygro unit may be causing it, have switched it off and have not had it happen since that I have seen.
Could be the end of pondcam, perhaps seagull cam could replace it, :lol: got a pair that walk about/sit on the flat roof all day and its the other end of the property so might not cause a problem.

Hopefully it is the wireless cam causing it, save re-wiring hydro to anemometer for now anyway, using spare time on webcam for beach shot.
Regards
Phil