WOW

Yesterday I added my weather site to WOW (following easy-to-follow instructions from Budgie).

I’m surprised there are not more sites, especially in the north of England. It’s easy to see from the the colours on the main page how cold it is everywhere at the moment.

If you are already registered with the Met Office,m you just need to add WOW to your account.

I added mine also on Sunday :slight_smile:
It is easy to follow instructions :wink:

Glad the FAQ was useful. :smiley:

I’m actually suprised about the number of stations on there, seeing that it’s only been live for a week or so.
Now that Weather Display, Cumulus and Meteohub can all upload automatically then we should start seeing more stations over the coming weeks.

It’s also nice to see the those outside the UK using WOW. :thumbright:
Maybe something the Met Office didn’t bank on but maybe this will be the start of something new for them.

I have also added mine. :smiley:

I think I was the first Nordic station

I have heard that SMHI (Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute) also on the way something like this.

Of course, we’ve had WOW for years with WML (MML) :smiley:

the good thing about WML is you have control over what stations to show, etc :slight_smile:

It also displays a lot faster! :smiley:

Chris

I cant get the WOW publisher to work on linux. Has anybody else managed it?

Can you give a little more detail about what you’ve tried and what’s not working?
Have you followed the FAQ and at which point does it not work?

Martin, thanks for replying.

I followed the FAQ you linked too.

I joined wow etc. I entered the station id and the aws code. I added the upload times (every 15mins). Pressed OK. then went back to it and the upload times were gone and I tried the test code and nothing happened. Also wow website shows ‘No data available for site’.

Image shows what i have once i go back to wow after saving settings.

Try resetting the times again and then press the Test Upload button, before click on the OK button, and see if you get anything along the bottom of the screen.
Now I’m going on Windows on this one but, you should be able to find the WOW uploads in WDISPLAY.INI file in the main program folder.
If you do a text search of the file for “wow” then it’ll find the data if it’s there.
Also, I see you have 5 seconds in the timeout figure, try increasing this a little. I have mine set to 15 seconds.

I tried what you suggested, but no luck.

Heres the WDISPLAY.INI info :

urlwow=http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/automaticreading?siteid=9605084&siteAuthenticationKey=[b]password[/b]&dateutc=1899-12-30+00%3A00%3A00&winddir=074&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=76&tempf=67.3&rainin=0.000&baromin=29.858&dewptf=59.5&weather=CLR&clouds=FEW&dailyrainin=2.374&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay cloud=FEW

password has been changed to ‘password’ for my own security.

I do see one issue with the data that may be causing the problem:

urlwow=http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/automaticreading?siteid=9605084&siteAuthenticationKey=password&dateutc=[b][color=red]1899-12-30+00%3A00%3A00&[/color][/b]winddir=074&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=76&tempf=67.3&rainin=0.000&baromin=29.858&dewptf=59.5&weather=CLR&clouds=FEW&dailyrainin=2.374&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay cloud=FEW

According to the part highlighted in red, the date and time that data was collected was at 00:00 on 30th December 1899.
Check the date & time areas of WD and make sure this matches the PC & Console time.

The times are all correct(see image). It must be something to do with the coding for the WOW publisher.

I think we’ll have to wait for Brian (Windy) and see if he can shed any light on it as I don’t know Linux and what may be happening. :oops:

I had added code for the linux version, but I had not tested it
I will look into it when I get some spare time (hopefully today at some stage)
as I also want to add it to the Mac version

try a new linux download
and then reset the times to send…

No change Brian. It behaves in the same was as before and WDISPLAY.INI is still reading:

urlwow=http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/automaticreading?siteid=9605084&siteAuthenticationKey=password&dateutc=1899-12-30+00%3A00%3A00&winddir=336&windspeedmph=0&windgustmph=0&humidity=67&tempf=63.0&rainin=0.000&baromin=29.973&dewptf=51.8&weather=OVC&clouds=FEW&dailyrainin=0.000&solarradiation=0.0&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay
cloud=FEW

have you checked the modified time/date on the WeatherD file to see if you have the updated on?
does the times to send stay now?
have you set the lat/long correct in the sun moon rise set?
(so that WD then knows your time zone to calculate the UTC time)

Brian the WDISPLAY.INI is still reading: 1899-12-30+00

I