WMR200 help

Have a WMR200 with a WMRS200 data logger. Have installed OS, WD and WDL software. Console receiving information and working OK. When I open the software nothing showing. Any help as I am new to all this. Many thanks.

Hi

Have you done the setup in Weather Display to recognise your WMR200?
Go Setup → Setup Wizard

or individual setup: Control panel → Station Type and also COM Port.

Are you using the Weather Display program that came with the WMR200 or are you using the registered version. It is a good idea to register and use the latest version of WD as there has been some awesome improvements. (many related to the WMR200)

Henri

Hi Henri,

Have registered and have version 10.37
Have set right station but cannot do com port as it is usb and understand it does not need a com port, according to computer usb is working with the data logger.Not sure what other settings to do.

Check to see if WD is set to retrieve data from data logger at start up.

Control Panel → Data logger - select switch on. Then close WD. Exit → Save and Exit. Wait a few minutes asnd restart WD. A second program WMR100.exe should start up in the backgroung retrieving the data from the datalogger. (An icon in the system tray - green bulb with lightning bolt should appear.) If you open this you should see the data being retrieved. Do NOT close the window, but minimise to system tray using the black arrow)

Hope this works

Henri

Henri has just covered most of what I was going to say, but one other thing to check is that the time on the computer and on the console match up. In theory at least, depending on where you are[1] the console should have the correct time from a radio source.

[1] It’s useful to put details like that in your Forum Profile, so that they appear alongside your messages.

Yes logger is switched on, have green icon with lightning in the tray. Clock is the same on console and computer.
Have 2 red squares instead of 2 green squares. Have uninstalled OS software incase it was conflicting.

Which device is connected to the WD computer?

If it is the WMRS200 you might possibly be the first person to do so as it has only just become available…

Yes it is the WMRS200, have unplugged it and connected the WMR200 console via usb to the computer. That is now downloading great. Now trying to upload to our website, which is proving difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad you are up and running. WDL setup info at this link.

Perhaps Windy can halp with the new datalogger.

Cheers
Henri

It may be that WD needs to be tweaked to allow connection to the WMRS200 - you could try asking in the Feature Suggestions section of the Forum.

On the website side, have you seen:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13162

i thought that the new wmrs200 works like the wmr100 for live data…i.e try selecting a wmr100 station type
but for downloaded data, then you would need to have the wmr200 station type selected
?

Resurrecting this thread :slight_smile:

I also have a wmrs200 and wmr200.

At the moment, the wmrs200 is connected to the PC and is working fine with Weatherdisplay32 under the wmr100 mode.

However, I notice in the manual for the wmrs200 it says:-

The software can read the latest weather data collected from the “base station”. I took “base station” to mean the wmr200 unit but I may be wrong in which case I have no idea what base station they are referring to.

It then goes on to say “Please download the software from the following website”

http://10.1.6.110/wmrs200.exe

But this website is broken. Does anyone know what this software does?

I was hoping there was a way of getting a proper link between the WMR200 and WMRS200 but perhaps I have misunderstood, and that the WMRS200 just picks its own data from the other sensors, but there is no link at all.

Thanks for any advice,
Jonathan

Hi
re that link
I think that is a just a basic program to show data from the station
dont quote me though