WMR200 flatlining

I haven’t been on the forum for a while - can anyone tell me if the flatline problem with WMR200 data has been fixed?

Thanks…

Are you still have flatlines?

What version/build of WD are you using?

I have been using Version 10.37k build 19, WMR200 Vers 3.6 - which are earlier versions of both, since the flatline issue started.
I haven’t had a flatline since reloading these older versions, but was wondering about the progress of the fix for this problem.

There have been several fixes since the version that you are using. I would suggest saving a copy of the one that you are currently using, and updating to the latest version. It MAY solve your problems. If not, you can always go back to the older version, OR you could report what problems that you have with the latest version so that Brian can find and fix them. For more info, go here…http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/34231
Bill

Thanks Bill
Looks like the problem still existed fairly recently (according to EC3) - no way I’m loading the new versions yet.

I’ll leave the troubleshooting to those who have the spare time to do so…

The latest version seems to be OK now. I haven’t had any problems for a couple of weeks.
S

Thanks Sticky,

Happy with the 200?

Pretty happy with it but had a few teething problems, particularly with the rain sensor (doesn’t get much use in SEQ). I’m thinking of moving the temp sensor as it records a bit too high in the open (went to 40C the other day when it was only around 35C). Would be interested to hear of others experience with regard to the temp sensor.
Cheers
S

The WMR200’s little plastic mushroom is not a great radiation shield!

The sensor from my WMR928 is in a DIY ‘daytime/solar’ FARS a couple of metres from the unmodified WMR200. During the night the WMR200 reads a little lower than the WMR928. As soon as daylight arrives (even if it is not enough to drive the FARS’s fan) the WMR200 temp moves up slightly above the WMR928. When there is direct sunlight the WMR200 can easily read 2 oC or greater than the WMR928 - and the sort of sun we get here is nothing like as strong as you get in SEQ, I imagine!

Your wmr200 temp sensor is with its own factory “mushroom” or you have it modified like your 928 sensor?

The 200 is unmodified, i.e. just the standard mushroom. Some day it may get a DIY FARS of its own, but not yet…

Yes, I’ve noticed that the temp readings, particularly on hotter days, is much higher than say the local university station which is only a few kms away. At least 2 to 4 degrees C higher than official readings.

Were there any answers for this problem???

Also not happy with rain sensor - always reads low compared to my “real” gauge.

Have a look at this link on building your own FARS.
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/25090
S