WMR 200 solar sensor

Hi all trying to get W Display to find my solar sensor so far unsuccessfully. On the solar sensor setup page it ask for a sensor number. i don,t seem to be able to find out which number it is? and i missing something obvious?

Cheers

BT

What sensor are you using? AFAIK, there is no solar sensor for the OS WMR series of wx stations. Perhaps you’re talking about the UV800 sensor?

Dan is correct
for the wmr200 with a UV sensor, WD uses that to estimate solar wm/2

If using an UV800 sensor, say on channel 2 to the WMR console, you would set WD to expect UV data on channel 1.

I’m in the same boat here…I have the uv sensor and I get uv readings of around 1 for the first few days of use here. Where can I set WD to plot the estimated w /m2? I have the max solar time graph working thanks to niko. But I don’t get any solar plot at all on my main page graph. I have it checked in the graph setup to plot solar.
I am completely confused as to what the sensor number is here as well. It’s setup with the default settings on the console. My wmr200 however is setup as a stationless station as I use metohub to pass the data to wd.

My wmr200 however is setup as a stationless station as I use metohub to pass the data to wd.
that will be one of the problems

do you have the switch on under control panel, solar setup?

note that the UV sensor with the wmr200 has a poor resolution, steps by between readings
getting an estimated solar wm/2 reading is only a very basic guide from that value

Yes, I do have the switch on. I guess I need to look into building my own solar sensor as OS doesn’t offer one other than the uvn800, at least not that I’m aware of. Still, I don’t see anything on my main graph other than the uv reading. There is no esitmated wm/2…

You can easily build your own solar sensor for the WMR 100/200.

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/40210

I looked at your design. Is this how the cd’s are wired? Where is the potentiometer? Thanks for your help with this.

, I don't see anything on my main graph other than the uv reading. There is no esitmated wm/2.....
is the switch on under control panel, solar setup? you should see a solar reading there (check your lat/long max solar settings are correct too)

here’s a screen of my max solar setup…

Didn’t we already have this conversation?

Virginia is NOT east of GMT (London) :wink:

Indeed we did…and my lat/long is Lat: 37.52 Lon: -76.77. Why is the nomenclature in WD reversed? I’m very confused now…could you tell me then what should my time zone and long. settings be? Thanks and sorry to be so dense.

I added the potentiometer after I took the picture. It would be installed on either white wire from the end cds.

Longitude and time zone should both be positive numbers for you, not negative. There are different conventions for using +/- with lat/long, this is an astronomical calculation and east is minus.

EDIT**************Never mind…I see now that it won’t work. I was just trying to order from the same place
Would this potentiometer suffice?
[s]http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G17039[/s]

I’m not great with this stuff…could you also specify which terminals are soldered? Thanks so much for everyone’s help.
I finally have my max solar settings correct but, still no sunshine hours or wm/2 reading today at all. My crappy uv sensor showed 1.00 UV from 10:45am to about 1 pm. I don’t know if that’s right or not. It does seem to jive with the max solar curve that is generated.
I’m sure I am missing something…I am going to build this sensor though…

once the estimated solar % goes above the threshold for sunshine hours you have set then WD should start increasing the sunshine hours

I lowered the sunny threshold to 9%…
here’s my graph…

And here are the current readings…

What the heck am i missing?

Because of the way the original temp sensor was soldered to the board I opted to leave the original wires soldered to the board. If you look at the bottom left of the board you will see the 2 solder points labeled TH. There are small bare wires still soldered there, and I soldered the white wires to the end of the bare wires. The circuit is series from end to end (resistor-cds-cds-cds) and back to the board.

Here’s a picture of how it looks before modification.

need to see a screen shot of your max solar for lat/long jonkjon