Windows 10 issues and ftpupd.exe problem

Hey fellow weather lovers :lol: …

I use a Davis Vantage Vue. Together with now WD 10.37R303. As I have done since 2006. After an update from windows 8.2 to windows 10, and an update of windows 10. I now have 2 problems:

1. WD does not start up together with windows, even though I can see it in the start group!!! (At one point there were 2, but used CCCleaner to delete them both, and also the whole program of WD). But after reinstall, it still does not start up aut. And wd is set to run as admin.

2. A bigger problem is that the WD FTPupd.exe (ver9.35) does not finish its jobs, it does not upload any files to my homepage. It get to the line where it says “1 more thing to do” and then the ftpupd.exe halts!!!.
    I have tried many times now to to reinstall WD(C:\wdisplay), reinstall to another drive (d:\wdisplay) even going back to the rev81 but nothing worked. I also tried to move WD to another laptop with windows 8.2 and there everything works fine!!!

Anyone has any solutions I can try…anything is more then welcome…

The “WD Real time Wunderground update” is working just fine.

Have used, as I always have, the following guides when update and move to another pc:
How to update Weather Display for Windows to a new version - Weather Display for Windows FAQs - Weather-Watch.com Topic: How to update Weather Display for Windows to a new version
Moving WD to a new/different PC - Weather Display for Windows FAQs - Weather-Watch.com Topic: Moving WD to a new/different PC

The Laptop is a ASUS K55V, Cpu Intel I7-3630QM 2,4GHz, 4GB ram.

Hi
For 1, there are other threads about solutions to this
but though have you tried in WD setup…start up when windows starts…reset/yes?

for 2:
you could try resetting the internet settings and re setting them up
(in WD go action, delete windows registry settings (then restart WD))
but maybe you have set to use the override in the customise internet and file creation setup but you do not have any times set to upload the files?

Hi Brian.

May I first say, I love your program, you did/still do a great job here. :smiley:

1. I tried that. Even tried to change to no, then exit/save wd, restart pc, then change back to yes and exit/save wd and then restart pc again…but no, still doesn’t start aut. :frowning: I also tried to put in the wd directly in the auto startup folders (shell:common startup and Shell:startup).

2. Tried that again and again…did not help…I have not set the override button, and yes upload times is every 15 min.

If I go “Action, Manage FTP webserver” then I can upload the Broadcast.jpg file, (and rename it to broadcast.jpg) but it then is all… ya see for yourself here: http://www.aud.dk/moduler/vejrstation/broadcast.jpg …but in the webfiles folder, when I open the file, everything looks just perfect!!!

What I dont understand is, that if I move the whole folder to another pc/laptop with windows 8,2, everything is working just fine!!! Maybe that is the only solution to my problem. :frowning:

Has now also tried to run the wd in compatibility mode win 8. No change :frowning:

Hi
where do you have WD installed? (directory) ?

Hi Brian.

I used to have WD installed in C:\wdisplay… but now I have it in D:\wdisplay… (I read somewhere, that root permissions in windows 10, can be a problem!!, although it doesn’t make any difference in my case!!!).

I now use ver. 306 from 18/12/2015 early in the morning…(not the latest 20:44:37 version).

Every time I close down WD, and start it up again… the FTP is not working…, but now, (after ver. 304), I can just use the “Delete Windows Registry Entries to reset FTP/Internet settings” menupoint under “Action”, (That did not work before ver. 304), and then put in my settings again(See below where), and then the FTP upload is working just fine,… at least until next time I have to restart the program or the pc!!! (I also still have to restart WD manually after pc starts up).

I put in settings in the Following places:
“FTP/Internet settings Email/WAP/Server” and the sub menupoint “Connections”
“FTP/Internet settings Email/WAP/Server” and the sub menupoint “Web Files Upload times and Av/Ext”
“Internetdata/Real Time FTP/SSVG/WDL/” and the sub menupoint “Web Files Setup #1

In the “Internetdata/Real Time FTP/SSVG/WDL/” and the sub menupoint “Web Files Setup #1” I had to untag the “Use JPEG pictures instead of GIF” because the Jpeg file did not update. (The Gif file does!!!).

You might want to look under “FTP/Internet settings” and the sub menupoint “Generel FTP Functions” menupoint… here when trying to select “upload every 15. minuts”, it doesn’t include all the 30 and 45 minuts intervals, only all the 00 and 15. (I am not using this menupoint any more, as it seams to be working fine without it).

Hi
have you tried setting weatherdisplay.exe to run as administrator? (right mouse click on that .exe to set that)
I have fixed that 15 minute time setting for the next WD update

Hi Brian.

Yes, WD is running as admin…I also at one point tried to run the Ftpupd.exe as admin, but that didn’t change anything, so its back to normal settings…
I also tried to run WD in compatibility mode with both win 8 and 7, but that didn’t solve my problem…

is there any error under view, program event log, after you start up WD?
its a strange issue you are having…I dont have any other reports of this

what antivirus program are you using?

no errors…only these:

Current warmest day value (oC) 19.8 18:00:01 18/12/15
Resetting coldest night values 18:00:31 18/december/2015
Resetting coldest night values 18:01:31 18/december/2015
Current coldest night value (oC) 17.4 06:00:00 19/december/2015
Resetting warmest day values 06:00:31 19/december/2015
Resetting warmest day values 06:01:31 19/december/2015

I’m using “Avira Free Antivirus”.

Yes, it is a strange problem. I’ll try to install/move wd to my wifes laptop,(when its free) and see if it will run there. It’s also a windows 10 laptop.