What outdoor IP Cam do you suggest?

Hello all together,

I’ve now connected an IPCam and realize that Foscam is obviously more of a surveillance camera (IR images) as a “panorama cam”.

Does anyone have a hint for an IPCam with good color detection and has a good resolution? 640x320 I find somehow low.

It is important that it can seamlessly integrate into Weather Display, thus with an IP on which a jpg, mpg or cgi file references. It should also (but need not) be suitable for outdoor use.

If anyone is interested to see the picture of the Foscam FI8904W 24LED, please follow the banner in my signature. Pics will be uploaded every 5 minutes there.

Thank you for info!

How much do you want to spend? A lot of users on here like the Panasonic BL-C140, there are many threads about it in this section, like this one, not expensive, robust and easy to install and get working, but it’s only 640x480. Beyond that Axis cams are popular but more expensive, or Canon cams which are very nice but not surprisingly expensive. If you search this Weather Photography section for those brands you’ll find plenty of info.

Hey there, thanks alot for the information. Well somewhere below 120US$ wich is around 100 Euro would be best. And WLAN-Connection > POE.

I check out the forums but was not very satisfied… maybe you habe more ideas? The cam u suggested looks nice, but its too expensive… :frowning:

You don’t have your location in your forum profile so it’s difficult to relate to prices where you are. How much was the foscam? Are you saying you want something a lot better for around the same price? If so I doubt that’s a reasonable expectation, maybe a sharx? At least one member on here (KeithBC?) has one and as far as I know is happy with it. (If you are prepared to tinker with cat-5 cables you can convert any wired IP cam to POE for a few $.)

The Wunderground logo suggest somewhere in Germany. Currency =

Hello again, after some days with FosCam FI804W (follow the link in the banner) I am not very happy about the results. It seems that the cam does not automatically setup its sensor if the outdoorbrightness is getting up, like when the sun is setting down. The cam shows a wandering black dot (the sun I guess) on a white board… if I switch manually the contrast and brightness so it fits, it will be too dark if its cloudy.

So after all, I will return the camera. It might be usefull for security reasons but not as weathercam.

Meanwhile I think it would be okay to have an indoor cam wich will point out of the window, through the glass.

It should cost less than 100