What is WD "Lite"?

Hi everyone,

New to this forum. Just got the Honeywell TE923 a couple of months ago. Before anyone says anything, I know from reading this forum for the last several weeks (lurking) that this isn’t the cadillac of weather stations but the price was right and it does pretty much everything I wanted. I played with the software that came with it. Definately worse than low-end. I have been looking at WD for awhile but didn’t want to commit the bucks yet till I had a chance to see what it does and whether it will meet what I want to do with the weather data in the future.

Found WD Lite, Ver. 8.27m. I suspect this is a really old version of WD Basic. Anyway, just wanted to ask the question, should I deep six the old Lite version and then download the Basic version? Can’t seem to find any data on the site about these freebies.

Will be upgrading to the full paid version once I sort out how I want to proceed.

Thanks,

Rick

You can download the current version of WD and use it for free and fully functional for a month. After a learning curve you’ll be hooked. Welcome to the forum and ask away. We all did and do.

–Dave

Basic is only for two Oregon Scientific stations. As Dave suggests you should download the the regular version, it is fully functional and you have 30 days to decide to buy.

Thanks guys,

I realized that after I looked a bit further through the forum. Just for grins, I went ahead and downloaded it anyway just to see what the new functionality/interface looked like. Certainly an impressive piece of software with lots of upgrades compared to the much older Lite version I’m playing with.

I appreciate the 30 day trial and will use that when I get closer to exactly figuring out what I’d like to do for the future. In my case, internet feeds are not necessarily what I’m primarily looking for. More data archive, manipulation and trending.

Thanks and I certainly will have more questions.

Rick

For the money, the Honeywell 923 is not a bad weather system. Sure, it’s not the same level
as a Vantage Pro, but for folks, like myself, who can’t afford the more expensive “spread”, as
they say, it’s a good value for the dollars.

I’ve been running a 923 for the last four months with WD, after many years with a LaCrosse
2310 and WD, and find that it’s a very good weather system. WD is well worth the nominal
cost, for a software package that has more bells and whistles than anything else out there
on the market.

Run the 30 day trial version of the full WD; after that time, I think you’ll find that it’s worth the
price of admission for one of the best weather software packages available.

-Keith