WH1081PC reading/updating historical data

hi ya, is there anyway i can get WD to read historical dataand update/merge to existing data/graphs from previous run time from my WH1081PC weather station?

When i start the PC(laptop) after shut down for several hours there is a “blank period” where the data/graphs readouts “jump” to from last data read ex WH1081PC to data showing at recent PC start up. so effectively “missing” readings on WD but know the data is still on the WH1081PC as it sows in memory display.

cheers

When did you last update Weather Display? I believe the datalogger section was working in the last day or two. Have you followed the thread on the Watson WH080/1081 subject? What is the WD version number? And what is the WD Build number? Mine is 10.37K B14.

Graeme

hi Graeme

yep downloaded the latest version 10.37k build 14

is it something in settings perhaps?

Yes - Control panel - data logger - I think that is to be used for the Chinese WH1081 as well.

Do a search through this thread…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/32479

I think you have to have checked Clear the datalogger history which means it does it every 6 hrs while both WD and WH1081 are running and this stops the overload on the Console History log file causing spikes in the data.

Cheers

Graeme

thanks graeme

not sure where the check box is for clearing the data logger every 6 hours. i see its set by default in log file settings to 6 hrs logged lenght for appended data? is this what your refering to?

cheers
guy

Yes it must be, so that’s already setup, that’s good.

Graeme

are you runnning the software that comes with the station first…i.e let that catch up on missed data first…before starting wd…

no i,m running WD, not using Easy Weather (that came with station) at all, so all data should be direct ex station to WD. just restatrted WD after 7 hrs turned off and seems to have picked up the data and apendged to previous run time. only thing now is getting the time scale to match at bottom of graphs

hhmmm it looks like i,m still loosing “time and data” on the graphs after shut down for several hours. example shut down pc at 10 pm last night and restarted at 2 pm today total of 16 hrs .the graphs time line jumps from 10 pm to 2 pm with no data or readings showing during that time. The weather station has only used 25% of its onboard memory so its not as if its run out of memory or data storage.

theoretically the WD should be able to read the data on the station and append this data to existing data stored in the WD data files/logs.

can anyone help with this?

to get missed data , you need to first let the software easy weather update its data file, then set wd to use that (non direct mode) and start up wd
at the moment if using direct mode, only live data is supported

thank you mate, just read other forum threads regarding this…so wil try that

Hi
just an update

the latest version of WD now works with getting missed data from the wh1081 directly (no need for easy weather)

After updating to the newest version of WD is seems that the written wind direction is not correct.

where do you see that exactly?

Although slightly different , and not really a problem. but I have noticed that WD takes a number of minutes to obtain hiostoric data from the station, whereas Culumus gets it in seconds.

its not clear what part of the process you are refering to?
at start up, WD has to find out the latest history postion first, then also as the data arrives its checking validiity and adding to its database and checking all time records, doing calculations, etc etc
how much data are you retrieving, etc?
(not much info provided to go on)

On the main screen on your upper left corner. You have the wind direction graphics and under that, there is the written direction that could be S 180 degrees. There I see the graphics show

when you say graphics, you are meaning the wind direction pointer?
one pointer should be showing the average wind direction (rolling average)
(but with only 1 minute updates, there is not enough data to calculate a rolling average, so they will be both show the same)
the other should be showing the current

is the problem that the pointer should be, in your example, showing SSE, instead of S?
or the other way around? (i.e the word is not correct)
(but maybe you have set to show 10 minute average wind direction)

It is the wind direction underneath the wind direction pointer that is not showing the same value as the wind direction pointer. For instance, if the wind direction pointer is showing WSW the written direction is showing SE 138 degrees. Yes, I have set to show 10 min. average wind direction and that might be the

which is showing though the correct wind direction?