webcam overlay lost font size

Hi Brian

I have not touched anything in the webcamcapture program for a long time, the only thing i can think of is a storm a wee
while back killing the electric thus not shutting WD properly, anyhoo, i have just noticed my webcam overlay font is now tiny
Its just not readable, when i go in to change the font and click ok it changes it back to 14 for a about 0.5 second and reverts
back to the tiniest available, when i open the font settings its still set to 14 though, see image please

Any ideas please, using v 10.37 b21

I’m actually having this problem too. I want size 13, but it reverts back to size 8, so I just left it at 8. It’s very small.

if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will have a look
@dan43, you do not say which version of the wdwebcamcapture you are using

I’m using webcamcapture v10.05 (latest and greatest).

You might take 10.21 for a spin, seems to be working good here…

the latest version is from
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip
(works better for me with my Logitech 9000 pro that the original version did)

Hi Brian,

I’m now using 10.21 and the Overlay Custom tags/text to include has all my old tags in it, and “Show a label” is selected, but I only get the first line. I want to display this:

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada (it stops displaying the rest of my tags here):
Conditions: %weathercond%
Temperature: %temp% (%temptrendnamehour%)
High Today: %maxtemp%
Low Today: %mintemp%
Humidity: %hum% %
Wind: %avgspd% %dirlabel%
Gust: %maxgst%
Wind Chill: %windch%
Humidex: %humidexcelsius%
Rain:%dayrn%
Rain Rate: %currentrainratehr% mm/h
Dew Point: %dew%
Barometer: %baro% (%pressuretrendname%)
Sunrise: %sunrise%
Sunset: %sunset%
Moonrise: %moonrise%
Moonset: %moonset%

It seems like a lot, but with the old version I was able to display most of this without any trouble. Also with the “Humidity: %hum%” tag, you can’t display a % sign or the text will abend too.

Dan

I am already using 10.21, the only way i can enlarge the font is to use the -+ next to the shadow size, the problem using that means the font is not as smooth as it should be

its a bit hard when people pollute a thread with different issues
@dan43
if you could post a screen shot
@ Bashy
I will do some testing/investigating as time pemits

No probs, will remind you in a week or so :slight_smile:

try vers 10.23
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdwebcamcapture.zip
(you might have to reset the font/size,but it should get kept OK now)

Now I don’t get it (even more)… I just upgraded to webcamcapture 10.23, and when I add something to the overlay text area, something totally different shows up. I only have %weathercond% in that field, but my location, Conditions, Temp and high and low show up.

normally you do not now use the area to set custom tags (right hand side)
and instead use the left hand side one…you set the tags there when you set the selector to other than 0

I do have a youtube video showing how to set this up

I can’t figure this out. So I enable the “0” text setup, then I go to “1” and enter tags into the box, then go to “2”, then “3” and so on and SAVE for each one… then go back to “0” and click Save in both locations again?

Well, I put the .MET report into one of these and decided I wanted to take it out so I did, hit Save and it’s still there, with none of the data I want to use!

The tags don’t work in the Text/Custom Tags Overlay box on the left side. When it is working, they show the variable instead of the value. It seems to work better if I put my values in the Weather Label section, and click “Show a label” but it never updates.

I’ve seen your video Brian, but this is all still very confusing.

The tags don't work in the Text/Custom Tags Overlay box on the left side. When it is working, they show the variable instead of the value.
yes it always shows the custom tag the custom tag converted to a value will show on your actual web cam image (as long as you tick to enable that) if you could post a screen shot of how/what you are doing

The Text/Custom Tags Overlay box is blank, and there is a value in each one of the Custom tags/text to include box, and every value I enter after "Barometer: %baro%: as shown in the screen capture below are not showing up. I wanted Day Rain, Max and Min temp, and Text Setup box #1 is blank. If I put multiple values in the Custom tags/Text to include box, each of them show up as one separate value in the Text/Custom Tags Overlay box.

Do you understand my confusion? Am I doing this right?

Capture2.png

the idea is not to use the one on the right
and instead use the one on the left
(you set the custom tags when you set the selector to 1 or higher, and click enabled and click on save)

In my case, the problem with entering all the variables in 1, 2, 3, and so on, is that the variable never turns to a value. Right now I have %temp% there, and it’s been there now for a good minute, but it’s not updating when I go back to 0 and hit Save.

do you mean you are seeing %temp% in the actual web cam image?
can you post a screen shot?

Hi
if you could .zip and email me your settings files, then I can see what and how you have things setup