Wdisplay not uploading to web server

Hi George,

I’m glad you’ve managed to get to the root cause of your problem now. Remember you can always repeat the above test to confirm the problem has actually been sorted by your hosting company before trying WD uploads again.

To Whoever is in charge of FAQs.

This problem occurs time to time and the instructions above would appear to be a good place to start when login problems occur.

Just my opinion, but looks like gcams did a good job and would be able to help others.

–Dave

Why try to telnet on port 21? Does that usually work? Wouldn’t it be more straightforward to just:

FTP

:?

I see that this particular FTP server responds to telnet request, but I think that’s quite unusual. In most cases the user would be better off typing:

FTP

[quote author=nikoshepherd

Interesting…

User name and and password are correct. Here are the Application Errors that popup when WD tries to upload to my server. Can anybody figure these out.

Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module ftdupd.exe at 000000000. Access violation at address 000000000. Read of address 000000000.

Application Arror
Evception EipwFileMailer in module ftpupd.exe at 0004C2CF. 11001: [11001] Host not found.

Thanks

that now looks like a problem with sending weather report emails, where your mail server cannot be found (maybe firewall) or is not set up correctly

Hi
I had a 530 last weekend (bank holiday) using cliantraw ftp2
using another ftp program i use i also got the same error
as nothing was changed in either program i blamed the host for the problem
i emailed them and got a reply on tuesday they indeed had a problem which they had corrected, and thanking me for pointing it out
reading this thread it sounds like the host server may have lost the plot re your login
Harold