WD to website

Hi all,

I am wanting to have my WD software (I have a WS- 2308 weather station) on my website, so that it can be viewed by anyone. Can someone please give me the instructions on how to do so?

Thanks a lot,

Stephen :smiley:

Stephen,

The below link is for a FAQ for a simple web page setupā€¦
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13162

On a more advanced level would be Tomā€™s (CarterLakeā€™s) Template System:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/83527

Another option would be to get Weather Display Live and use it for your web site:
http://www.weather-display.com/wdlive.php

-Bob

Cheers, thanks for that,

After completing step 5, the pop up box that should have appeared in step 6, did not appear. What should I do now? I also went to my site (which Iā€™ve hardly started though!) at www.ntws.tk and on the current conditions linkā€¦ but there wasnā€™t anything there. However, before going through most of the process that you explained on the basic website setup thread, the actual link of current conditions did not appear on the Navigation Bar.

Stephen

Stephen,

What did you name your station in step #4 ?

-Bob

Maybe you could temporarily set it up on an ad free page to make it easier on folks trying to troubleshoot?

Hi & sorry about the delay,

In step 4, my weather station file name was www.ntws.tk/currentconditions, and I wrote in the web page title section: Live NTWS Weather Data
How can I get the WD software to appear on my website from this?

Thanks a lot,

Steve :smiley:

hi
the weather station filename in the web files/web page setup needs to be something like
myweatherdata
no / or www etc (which relates to a URL)
then that file name becomes part of the whole URL (i.e adds on to the end of the web site URL, and then .htm (or .html if you that option ticked) is added on at the very end
e.g.
http://www.ntws.tk/myweatherdata.htm
if would be, in the example i gave
Make sure though if using the advanced internet setup (customise internet and file creation), that you have the remote file name set to what you need it to be (e.g myweatherdata.htm )

Hi Brian & thanks for that,

I just remembered that I typed in the wrong ā€œRemote Directory (on the FTP site)ā€ on step 2 on the WD webpage setup wizard. How can I go back to this stage of the process and change this? However, I was able to complete the steps after putting in just Current Conditions for the Weather Station File name in Step 4, but WD didnā€™t appear on my site because I had typed in the wrong information in Step 2!

Steve

Actually I tried to change the Remote Directory in the Advanced Internet Settings step, however WD still didnā€™t appear on my site. Just to let you know, my site is actually www.freewebs.com/ntweatherstation and I want to have WD on www.freewebs.com/ntweatherstation/currentobservations.htm. However, I registered a domain at www.dot.tk, so you can go to my site at www.ntws.tk. Do I have the Remote Directory as www.freewebs.com/ntweatherstation/currentobservations.htm or www.ntws.tk/currentconditions.htm? Do I need to change the URL (or Remote Directory) in step 2 as well?

Steve

If you manually ftp/login to your webserver what directory do you start in? This will be whats called your home directory. If this isnā€™t where you plan to put your webpages then youā€™re going to have to set up your webspace to ā€œpointā€ to where you plan to put your webpages, usually done with a symbolic link (which will probably require telnet access to your webserver).

The easiest thing to do is put your webpage index.html file in your home directory, makes life much easier.

also post here your ftp log, after going view ftp log (copy/paste here)

EDIT: posted below

list of files uploaded*
actual messages from upload session*
Start Time/date:10:30:56 PM 12/04/2006
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to doā€¦
Time/date:10:30:58 PM 12/04/2006
Logging onto FTP serverā€¦
No FTP server specified
Doing abort procedure/program closeā€¦

Have you setup your ftp settings in WD? You will need to fill in the boxes I have blacked out with your data for your server.

Or if youā€™re using the advanced settings (Just look at the ftp settings and ignore the rest of that stuff, this screen cap was made for someone elseā€™s problem)

Dan,

Might want to black out FTP Server/Username/Password just to be safe (on your last screenshot).

ā€“Tim

Hi,

have followed all instructions, still not showing up on website. I build the website online, at www.freewebs.com, and login from there. Does WD not appear on sites made online?

Steve

Could you post the ftplogfull after attempting an webpage update so we can see the messages?

Before advanced internet settings:

list of files uploaded*
Finshed email agenda
No FTP server specified

After advanced internet settings:

list of files uploaded*
Finshed email agenda
No FTP server specified

Maybe post a screen shot of your ftp setup, the one you are trying to useā€¦

Looks like you need to request ftp access to the host your trying to useā€¦have you done that?