WD problem

Hi
I am running WD and getting all the info from my Vintage Pro2. I am trying to upload this infor onto my web page and all the comes up is “No data since 03:25”. Im getting good data quality and data is been send but nothing on my website.
Please help its driving me crazy!!!

what is the URL to your web page?
I assume its a weather display live web page?
is the clentraw real time FTP program running and uploading the clientraw.txt file OK?
is that clientraw.txt file updating OK on your pc ? (in the webfiles folder)

Hi
The website is http://hafanpwllheli.co.uk/cms/index.php/weather/
How do I check the clientraw file?
Thanks so much for your help

The clientraw.txt does seem to be the issue.
Try this FAQ: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/10872 :wink:

Just tried that and no luck any other ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks

It appears your actual WDL page is at: http://www.hafanweather.co.uk

And your Clientraw file should be at: http://www.hafanweather.co.uk/clientraw.txt however that file is not found…

-Bob

Hi Bob
Sorry im am really slow at this! What do I need to change?
Thanks

I know I’m not going to be of much help, but it would appear that the clientraw.txt file is not being found for uploading as stated. Now I don’t run WD Live, but this is where the file is located on my hard drive :- C:\wdisplay\webfiles\clientraw.txt

It would seem that somewhere in the configuration files for WD Live Display you have to state where the clientraw file resides - probably!

Just confirm that you have gone through the FAQ and entered the correct settings for your server and that you have the yellow icon in your task bar, near the clock?
If you can see the icon in the task bar, left click on it and a new window should open on your screen. Do you see it scrolling up and can you copy what it says on the screen and paste it on here?
Also, can you post a screen shot of your Real Time Client FTP setup page, obscure user names and passwords though as we’ll assume that you’ve double checked that these are correct. :wink:

This is essential to making WDL work as it’s this that uploads all the weather data that’s used.

Hi
I’m getting this in the little box

Connected.
220 FTP server ready
USER hafanweather.co.uk
331 Password required for hafanweather.co.uk
PASSWORD=****
530 Login failed. Perhaps your FTP access isn’t unlocked? Check your control panel or contact support for more information.
141: 530 Login failed. Perhaps your FTP access isn’t unlocked? Check your control panel or contact support for more information.
ERROR: 101: You cannot change the RemoteHost at this time. A connection is in progress. at time/date 15:00:42 03/12/2011
ERROR: 101: You cannot change the RemoteHost at this time. A connection is in progress. at time/date 15:00:52 03/12/2011

now unlock the ftp but getting this

Connecting to FTP server.
Connected.
220 FTP server ready
USER hafanweather.co.uk
331 Password required for hafanweather.co.uk
PASSWORD=****
230 From 15th February 2010 you will need to unlock FTP before you can login, check your control panel or contact support for more information.
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (79,170,44,28,246,240).
STOR clientraw.txttmp
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for clientraw.txttmp
226 Transfer complete
File uploaded at time :15:14:27
RNFR clientraw.txttmp
350 File or directory exists, ready for destination name
RNTO clientraw.txt
250 Rename successful
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (79,170,44,28,246,2).
STOR clientrawhour.txttmp
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for clientrawhour.txttmp
226 Transfer complete
Clientraw hour file uploaded at time :15:14:27
RNFR clientrawhour.txttmp
RNTO clientrawhour.txt
250 Rename successful
145: Can’t open LocalFile for reading.
File uploaded at time :15:14:27
RNFR customclientraw.txttmp
550 customclientraw.txttmp: No such file or directory
141: 550 customclientraw.txttmp: No such file or directory
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (79,170,44,28,238,102).
STOR clientraw.txttmp
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for clientraw.txttmp
226 Transfer complete
File uploaded at time :15:14:52
RNFR clientraw.txttmp
RNTO clientraw.txt
250 Rename successful
145: Can’t open LocalFile for reading.
File uploaded at time :15:14:52
RNFR customclientraw.txttmp
550 customclientraw.txttmp: No such file or directory
141: 550 customclientraw.txttmp: No such file or directory

I see you are also getting other errors
try resetting the location to the clientraw file directory
in the webfiles/web page setup, real time ftp setup
then restart the clientrawrealtimeftp program

not sure about that unlock thing…unless they mean you need to use SFTP from February

There’s no CWD. I couldn’t figure out who the host is to look at their FTP instructions, but my guess is that it’s uploading to the wrong location and he needs to add the host’s default web directory as the remote directory in the WD FTP setup.

Hmmm, maybe bad news :frowning: I googled “230 From 15th February 2010 you will need to unlock FTP before you can login, check your control panel or contact support for more information.” and found hosts with that error, but it appears that for whatever system that is the FTP can only be unlocked for a time and then has to be unlocked again.

"The lock/unlock FTP feature was added as a security measure. FTP is locked on all accounts as standard. This is to help prevent your site being attacked. You can unlock FTP for a set period of time; we recommend that you do this only for short periods. We would advise that you prepare any changes to your website and then, when you are ready to upload it, unlock FTP for one hour. If you need longer, then please select the relevant option below. However, we would advise you to only unlock FTP for short periods.
We require this because of the many PC viruses circulating that steal passwords stored within FTP clients. We recommend that you do not store your passwords inside your FTP software for this reason. Instead, you should manually re-enter passwords each time you wish to use FTP. "

If this host is using the same system then it is absolutely not going to work for hosting a WD site.

Hi
Yes our web guy has used such a ftp site however he’s given me the password and username, I have unlocked the ftp and still doesnt work. With it unlocked it should still run shouldnt it?
Thanks

Until it locks again.

Is it a free host? Can you tell us the name so we can look at their information?

Are you sure you don’t need a default directory (see below)?

Hi
Thanks for your help the ftp is with eXtend
Thanks
Andy

I think you are going to find that your ISP/FTP host it not going to work for auto FTP uploads
you will need to instead find a ISP/FTP host that allows auto FTP