WD eats more and more cpu and starts a second weatherD.exe

Hi all
I moved WD to another PC - since it is on this PC, WD starts normally and then after a couple of hours CPU usage goes up to 80% and a second instance of WD occurs, and this is as well using some CPU power.

Any hints?

Thanks
Peter

any errors under view, program error log?
also which version of WD?
also how much memory on the pc and cpu speed?

no error log (empty)
WD 10.37g
VIA Samuel2 CPU 601 MHZ 500MB Memory
I stopped now the realtime client ftp as i read somewhere this is used for WDlive.
As I’m out for the weekend I leave the system run, no reboot till Monday.
For the moment all seems OK. Maybe I did a bit too many changes changed PC and introduced Microsoft Homeserver SW. Seems that I should config WD from scratch as soon as I have time.
thanks peter

Hi - it seems that is the best when I start configuring WD from scratch. What has to be deleted and what do I have to keep (that I need no new reg. code? Or do I need new reg code anyway.
I will keep all the WD files (logs an so on for reference and maybe re import for history data).
I would like to do it in a short time no to loose to much data from the station.
thanks peter

Peter,

You can use the second WD install FAQ to install a New WD which you would be able to configure from scratch…
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/10889

-Bob

I stopped the real time protection from the symantec AV programme (read this in the reboot, restart topic) and since then, no more problems. I keep an eye on this. As I use the PC for WD only what do you think is it dangerous to be without AV?
cheers peter

Peter,

Many of us use AVG without any problem with WD…
http://free.grisoft.com/

-Bob

If it’s behind a router (NAT) and you never surf or email on it, then IMHO running without AV is OK.

symantec is well known for eating up your rescources and slowing the computer. AVG free is much better and takes no memory. Although as said if you have a dedicated computer and you are behind a firewall - not taking emails etc on the WD one you should have no problem. I have AVG and just do a manual check update and check once a week.