WD data format document

Is there a document that details the format of data coming in on the RS232 port? I have a Campbell Scientific CR300 data logger and have written a control program for it that outputs sensor data in any format. I want to connect this to WD to archive the data and display the real time weather conditions.

Craig

I should add that what I am looking for is the ‘generic’ format used by WD to receive weather data from a sensor(s). I can format the output of the data logger into any string but prefer simpler formats over complex formats to reduce coding time. I have seen several references in this forum to the equipment interface using the WD format, but I cannot find that documented anywhere. If there is no ‘generic’ format then which of the supported station data formats would be the simplest to emulate? In other words, I could make the CR300 data logger look like a Davis Vue or LaCrosse station. I suspect though that those formats are rather complex.

Craig

You could try writing the data into a file formatted as clientraw.txt and setting WD in Stationless mode and reading the clientraw.txt file. See http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/75066 for some details on how to set this up.

Thanks Chris, I will take a look at this.

I looked at the ClientRaw description and feel that is way too complex for what I need. Maybe the station emulator is the solution. For example, if there is one of the supported stations that simply sends data to WD in single lines like this:
T 23.7 CR LF
where T is temperature, or multiple data per line like this:
T 23.7, P 1023.4, H 87.3
where T is temperature, P is pressure and H is humidity.

I think you can use stationless mode with METAR input which might be simpler but I don’t know if the METAR format has all the data values you need to send.

You are able to use the raw data from the Campbell datalogger and get cronpakbusnew.exe to use it within WD: )