VP Data Logger problems [RESOLVED]

Hi

I have searched the topics and noticed other issues such as this. Although I have followed suggestions I am still struggling.

I had a hdd crash and have reloaded WD. On startup the vp data logger extraction (blue box) counts 1,2 1,2 1,2 and just sits there. I don’t get the two counting bars as I used to get prior the crash.Windows has assigned Com port 5 to the CP210x UART bridge. I have selected com port 5 under control panel in WD. Still though the data is not loading.

Help please.

Many thanks

StephenC

Do you get data to the program if you cancel the extraction?
The latest version of WD seems to usually do the data extract stage quite reliably.

Thanks for the reply.

Nope, no data if I cancel the extraction.

I have also tried moving windows and wd from com port 11 to com port 2 as well as trying a different cable. Also plugged the data logger into the console (was in the VP “receiver” before).

Anything else anybody?

Is there another method/device to use to get data from a Vantage Pro2 into WD?

Thanks

StephenC

Is WeatherLink getting any data from your VP2?

Which datalogger do you have?
If it’s the USB version, when you ran WeatherLink to find the COM port, did you tell WeatherLink that you had a Serial or USB datalogger?
If you set USB then the datalogger is working in USBexpress and WD won’t pick anything up from it. If this is the case then have a look at this FAQ.

Thanks Budgie

This evening I have installed WeatherLink which is working fine.

To answer your questions:

Is WeatherLink getting any data from your VP2?
Yes

Which datalogger do you have?
USB
If it’s the USB version, when you ran WeatherLink to find the COM port, did you tell WeatherLink that you had a Serial or USB datalogger?
USB
If you set USB then the datalogger is working in USBexpress and WD won’t pick anything up from it. If this is the case then have a look at this FAQ.
I looked at this FAQ. Do I read it that I need to download a new driver? Please confirm as the topic is misleading as it speaks of a fix for Weather link?: [Topic: Download fix for Wlink 5.8 setting the data logger to USBExpress mode (no Com)]

Thanks

StephenC

If your datalogger is working in USBexpress then you need to alter it using WeatherLink, which you can’t do using the software alone. If you do a search on here using something like “USBexpress” then you should find some other threads that may have full instructions but I think that the driver download resets WeatherLink to allow you to put the correct setting in so that WD will work.
This one may help: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/30322

sounds like it will be the USB express problem
(where USB is selected in weather link (and so means no virtual com port))

Phew - got it working again.

I reloaded weatherlink and upgraded to wl5.9.2 and noted it had selected com5. I set this in wd with baud rate of 19200 and all is back it was prior the hdd crash. In between I uninstalled all the silcon labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge drivers and let wl install them then upgraded as per the Davis website.

To be honest, I’m not sure which, or a combination of all of the above helped. :slight_smile:

Thank you

Stephenc

At least you’re back up and running again. :thumbright: