USB Datalogger not discovered in Windows 7

Hi

Im helping a new Davis/WD user setting up this Davis Vantage Pro2 with USB datalogger.

We have installed Weatherlink 5.9 and latest Silicon Labs USB version 6.3

The problem is that the datalogger is not seen in Windows 7 Device Manager - anyone have a suggestion what to try to get it working?

Weatherlink can get access to the datalogger when we choose USB in Communication Port setup.

Best regards,

Henrik

Sounds like the logger is set for USBxpress mode, WD needs it to be in virtual serial port mode. Changing mode is either a menu option in WL, or a utility supplied with WL.

Hi Niko

I have set the communication port in WL to ‘Serial’ and made it search for the datalogger - but it does not find the logger. When I set the communication port in ‘USB’ and click Test botton it finds a Davis Weather Station.

Do I need to change anything else in WL? (I suppose I should set port to ‘Serial’?)

Best regards,

Henrik

See http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/31666, it’s the hardware that needs to be reset.

I guess you need to download the utility and be sure to run it from the same directory where WL is installed.

Hi Niko

Thanks for your replies.

I have downloaded latest driver from here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

Downloaded and installed it to c:\weatherlink

After installation i still dont see any change under COM-ports in Device Manager - I only see “USBexpress devise” under USB devices. Weatherlink cant find any datalogger under search for serials in communication port setup.

Im not sure what else to try?

Best regards,

Henrik

Ps. We have tried changing the datalogger to another USB port on the computer.

Have you run the usb to serial conversion utility?

Hi again

I got it working !!!

Niko: Thank you very much - you made me look thru the hole setup once more and now I saw the utility software. After running that the computer found the datalogger on COM port 4

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Henrik

Good news :slight_smile: