Uploading data from wmr200 to computer

Hi
Just set up my weather station, it will down load data when connected in realtime, if i disconnect then reconnect later i do not seem to be able to upload stored data to the computer. I have installed the latest program 10.37n, i believe i have the settings correct . Can some one talk me through the process of uploading in laymans language, please take pity on me !!!
Billybob

Billybob
same problems as me firstly have you looked at this thread I started:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/37862

secondly before you start logging data you need to connect the Mr200 to the pc with wd installed and running, you can take this opportunity to apply any pressure/offsets you need and also set up your lat and long. Also ensure date format is the same i.e dd/mm/yyyy (uk) or mm/dd/yyyy and that your pc clock and Mr clock are in sync. When you plug in your Mr for the first time before you have collected data it puts a start point in wd that is referred to as the “Davis Download” this is the date from which WD recognises data from,if you have not done this it will only recognise data from the first time its plugged in so despite it apparently downloading data it will not save or display it as the programme ignores it. Once you’ve done this save and close wd and you should be good to go. Be aware that WD empties the Mr data logger whether you like it or not. I would suggest you try this and have a read through the other thread on this. To avoid dissapointment try logging for 24hrs then download and see if it works. Personally I have been through the wringer with mine and its now back at the supplier for testing as despite all the useful hints and kind help the Mr and wd are not working as they should. Good luck and let me know how you fair

good point about the first time to get the missed data from
note that you can set that , in the data logger setup

note that its not WD that is clearing the data, thats just the way the wmr200 flash memory works…once accumulated logged data is sent to the PC (not matter what software is running (it sends that as soon as it detects software has made a connection), that data is emptied from the flash memory )

Windy are you sure about that?
I thought it kept the data for 1 year (or whatever is setup on the console) and when full starts deleting the oldest to make way for the newest.

The “WMR200 History Extraction” on WD startup has a “Clear WMR200 flash data when finished” tick box … what’s that used for?
And what is the STOP button used for?

yes, that is the way it works

that setting is supposed to clear all data

because sometimes you get left with ghost data. (i.e old data that gets resent)…the only real way to clear that is to use the key combination on the keyboard

Thanks for clearing this up Windy.

So, if I discovered that WD missed some data in the past there’s no way of getting it back?
See thread: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/38436

once the data that has been accumulated has been sent to the PC, its gone for good (apart from the section of ghost data that can be sometimes kept on being sent)

the Davis VP data logger keeps the data, until its replaced as the data logger fills up, in contrast (as does the WH1081)

Hi Rainer,
If you want a really thorough data logger (as in ‘store of raw data’) for the WMR200 (& various other stations), Meteohub is the thing to investigate. Meteohub can store years worth of every sensor reading.

That’s the way I went, i.e. Meteohub collects the data from the WMR200, and WD collects from Meteohub. I no longer use the WMR200’s own data logging facility except as extra backup.

So it’s a firmware problem … sure OS must be able to fix it in new versions?
Will investigate the Meteohub.
Thanks.

Had a look at MeteoHub … at $200 it’s half the price of the WMR200.
The WMR200 has a datalogger (up to 1 year) … OS needs to change/fix the firmware.

Does anybody know if there’s new firmware available for the WMR200?
I got mine in Dec 2007.

Seems to be “by design”… :frowning:

That’s it … my next WS is gonna be a VP.
The WMR200 is up to $h!t … my brother had to replace his anemometer and temp/hum after just 10 months.
They replaced the temp/hum for free but he had to re-purchase the anemometer.
The excuse they had? The WMR200 is not made for extreme conditions.
So if you have one you better keep it indoors.