Tornado

That would should be stored in wdisplay.ini file.

But wouldn’t it be in the log file?

Mark

It is in your log file, but at 23:34

26 2 2009 23 34 35.0 89 32.0 29.761 18 79 282 0.000 0.350 1.511 1.555 35.0

Good find. And that is why I don’t go mushroom hunting.

Thank you
Mark

Here is my thread about 79 mph wind spikes on my VP2:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/31934

PS I have extended my anemometer cable an extra 50 feet with phone wire. If I was to do it again, I would use twisted pair outdoor network wire. I recently had my anemometer stop working because there was a wet and corroded connector in my cable extension. I fixed the connection better than it was originally. Was this the cause of the random wind spikes? maybe, I have not had a spike in a few months.

But if it does not show on the consol, then what else but WD could it be? Or can it be the Davis and just not show on th econsol but still pass the spike on?
I am one of the few who use the USB connection. So I’m guessing that should eliminate the serial/USB connection.
And the reoccurring theme is 79?

Mark

Hi Burgus…on your anemometer do you have the wire from there to the ISS wrapped to the pole and secured with electricians or some other kind of tape? Also have you considered putting a couple of ferrite chokes on your system?

In a previous life I was an electrician for the BNSF. So I ty-wrap the heck out of everything :slight_smile: Every thing is grounded with a 5/8" ten foot copper coated ground rod. I have not tried ferrite chokes, but I am game if it would work.

If the consol is not recording it, is it Davis problem?

Mark

Before my Davis I had a LaCrosse 3610 that had spikes of all kinds all the time. I put a choke on the anemometer and another on the temp/hum lines and the spikes went away (mostly). YMMV