%timeunix% tag not considering time zone

I’m using the %timeunix% tag with MQTT to identify if my PC has stopped sending data (usually due to a Windows update that requires input before a reboot is complete). It seems the %timeunix% tag is sending the epoch as if the local time were UTC time. i.e. it’s roughly 5 PM EST at the moment but the %timeunix% tag is showing “1605114096” which is ~5pm UTC, but it’s actually ~10 PM UTC, so when I compare to time now in my automation it seems the data is always 5 hours old… I can work around this, but thought it might should be corrected.

its based on local current time and not local UTC time
but I could create a second flag that is unixutctime

Currently my %unixtime% is showing 1605124267
According to https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php that is 11/11/2020 @ 7:51pm (UTC) but its currently 7:51PM Eastern Time which should be ~1605142260

The definition of unix epoch time is the number of seconds that elapsed since 1/1/1970 @ 0:00 UTC.

By based on local time, do you mean it’s seconds elapsed since 1/1/1970 @ 0:00 local? I suppose then the calculation is correct, but it’s not technically ‘unix time’ and not directly comparable to the unix time on other devices…

try a new .zip update of WD

Looks correct now… I was able to remove my workaround of subtracting 5 hours and everything looks right…

Thanks