Temperture Data

Does anybody know what file (clientraw,clientrawdaily,clientrawextra) that WDL pulls from for the temperture reading?

Thanks - Jerry

There are a lot of temperature data fields, do you mean current temp, that’s in clientraw.txt, the one that’s updated most frequently. Kevin’s parser page http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12391 is a great resource for displaying the fields/data in the clientraw files.

Thanks for the link on the parser. Yes, it is the current temp, Davis VP Pro is displaying about 10 degrees warmer than what is displayed on WDL. I’m using one of the pre-built configurations, maybe I just need to look at the configuration file.

Thanks - Jerry

What is the parser showing? What is WD showing?

The WD and parser are showing the same values (57.6 F), however, the Davis VP Pro console is showing 65.0 F.

Should the weatherlink software be running along with the WD, just different comm ports?

no
they cant both get the data from the station at the same time
(unless you are using virtual vp)

Maybe I’m just totally confused here. If I want to use WDL (which gets its data from WD) and I also want to produce screens that get the data from weatherlink, just how does one do that?

you either use virtualvp software, which allows both programs to use the data from the console at the same time
or you set WD to release the com port at a certain time for say 5 minutes, and then set weather link to start up at that time, say with windows sheduler, and set it to exit again once it has caught up on the missing data for the day and updated its graphs

Thanks, I think I understand now.

Jerry

Will Virtual VP work with WD, and weatherlink?

Will Virtual VP work with the LaCrosse?

From the Virtual VP site:

“VirtualVP is a program that lets you connect up to 4 weather programs to a single Davis Vantage Pro 1 or 2 weather station (console or Envoy).”