Temperature bottoms out at 31.6 F

just use the correct graph feature to take out the temperature spike

so, is 9.54 Ok for dallas temperature or not?

its ok for me, but its summer here

9.54 still sticks at 31.6 here had to roll all the way back to 9.49 to get a valid reading. Been to warm to test up till tonight here.

the temperature jump fix is the problem
i checked the code, but cant see why yet
i have asked for help from dallas
i could put my indoor temperature sensor into my deep freeze to see whats going on

same problem here. My primary temp sensor is pegged at about -.3 C.

hi jeff

i have changed it so that it can accept negative numbers in 9.54
but that has seemed to have thrown the spanner in the works…
but only I have the 2 reports posted here that it has been a problem…
so I am not sure if it is or not

i put some dummy values in to the code to force a temperature of -1.5oc, and it worked OK…
so I am not sure what is going wrong
greg, can you try again?

I will see if i can seal up my indoor sensor and put in the deep freeze…

Its supposed to get cold again tonight. I’ll let you know.

Nope, still not working. Graph is frozen (get it) at 31.6 F but the iButton viewer shows the temp as 26.5. Bummer. WD version 9.49 is reporting the temp as 26.7 just as it should. I guess us one-wire users in cold weather areas are stuck for a while. (Get it stuck). :smiley:

i better try the freezer test
doing that now

this is with 9.54?

my problem is with 9.54. I have 3 sensors. My ambient temperature outside is about -10 c. The readings I am getting on the 4 sensors are, -0.3 C, -0.4 C, -1.3 C. I am at a bit of a disadvantage since my system’s 100 miles away and I can’t test easily (except through PCAnywhere on dialup). But I think all of these gauges should be tracking in the neighbourhood of -4.0 C to -12.0 C. I have a friend that is near in proximity who is running Garyga’s plug-in and seeing -10 to -14 C.

I am hoping we can sort this one out!

i have my indoor sensor in freezer ice as we speak
stand by for a fix!
(its down to -0.1oC)

found it!

it goes to -128 oC or below
and WD ignores that!
so i just have to add 127.5 (i.e half of 255)

doing that now

its becuase of the new method to avoid the temperature jumps

That’s probably why my graph went so high, maybe it wrapped all the way around.

Brian did you get my email?

uploading 9.54b now
will be ready in about 20 minutes :slight_smile:

i got a reading of -5.4oC in the freezer ice with this fix, when before it was stuck on zero (less any offset you might have).

whew!
:grab:

yes greg i got your email.
i dont know what to say
i just like for people to enjoy the program , and make use of it, and have some fun :slight_smile:
I do have some re-sellers around the world :slight_smile:
thanks for giving it a gooplug when you can where you can :smiley:

9.54b ready now :slight_smile:

Been away for the last day so didn’t get to report that 9.54 still stuck at 31.6F.

Just installed 9.54b and we’er supposed to have a hard freeze tonight so I’ll report tomorrow morning (USA Time).

john

Bingo! 9.54b is reporting -2.8C which is about dead on to two digital thermometers I have in the same test bed. Now we can roll this puppy out to the remote location and I can get back to Javascript astro charts and LCD remote displays!

Tom

sorry it took me so long to delve deeper!

I downloaded and updated, and my primary sensor is tracking nicely. I will watch the graphing of my extra sensors and the realtime graph. My realtime just jumped to 54 oC? I’ll keep an eye on it to see how it tracks…but thanks for working this through Brian.

I had no issues on the real time graph.

Tom