Sync problem or else?

Hello, Ive installed wd basic(included in wmr200) with my new wmr200, looks ok except the sync of baro (hPa), what am I doing wrong? (Im new to this sport)

a) Have you set an altitude in the WMR200 console?
b) Have you set an altitude in WD, in Control Panel => Units & Settings => Height above sea level (feet)?
c) Is there an offset for barometer in WD, in Control Panel => Offsets & Initial Rain => Temp./Baro Offsets/Rain Total?

If the offset on the console (which is automatically applied when you enter an altitude) does not agree with the offset in WD you can expect a discrepancy.

It’s a while since I did it and I can’t recall if setting b) automatically sets c), or if you have to set the offset manually.

PS. It can be helpful to mention the exact version of WD that you are using (see Help =? About), e.g. I am using v10.37h build 25 (of the full version of WD).

a. yes, 500m
b. yes, 500m
c. Ive done it manually(is that what youve meant?)

Should I restart wd, because I see nothing changed…

I see you are using the free Basic version. If you didn’t already get the update you should do that. The download links are in this FAQ.

I’ve realised now I was thinking of something that cropped up when picking up data from the logger with older versions - but an update is a good idea anyway!

As Brian (windy) says, the really important thing to remove the effect you are seeing is to make sure that you set an appropriate value.

The wmr200 console doesn’t tell you the offset it is using - it just seems to work one out when you enter an altitude. If you temporarily set the altidude on the console to 0 you’ll see what I mean. Whatever offset is applied automatically by the console, you need to enter the same value into WD.

And be sure to remove the 30.15in offset you have for the barometer in that last screen grab you posted…use the scrollbar to drill down to 0.0, click on the 0.0 to ‘move’ it over into the square box, tick inches, then hit the set button and then save and exit.

I dl the last version but the different baro still exists …

How do I remove it? there isn’t any clear button.

the problem is the 1021 hap barometer offset you have set
either use the manual entry to enter a 0
or use the slider to select 0

I still have different indications :frowning:

have you given it a few minutes to get the update?
but maybe you have ticked to use QFE barometer , in the units setup, in WD
check that too

do you live at atlitude?
i.e have you set a barometer offset on the console?

if the raw barometer data from the console does need a offset, then, yes, you do need to set that in the barometer offset setup, but its a offset
i.,e if you want the reading to be 1020 hpa, but its reporting only 985, then the offset is 1020-985, i.e 35

If its helpful please inform what other photo of wd you want.
Btw thanks all of you.

next step
.zip and email me your settings files (see in the FAQ for how)
but also what is showing as the raw barometer pressure in the separate wmr100/200 program?

How can I see the offset on the console?

I have edited your console picture which shows an adjusted barometer setting - it must have been set with an adjustment based on the altitude setting you gave. Set this back to 0 and subtract the new baro value from the previous 1 min before. That will be your console offset.

WMR200Console.jpg

You can’t see it directly as a simple figure.

However if you note the pressure being shown on the console, then temporarily change the console altitude to 0 you’ll shortly see the console pressure reading change. Note the new pressure. The difference between the two noted pressure values will be the offset. Then reset your altitude to the normal value.
There is of course a small chance that the actual atmospheric pressure might change while you are doing that, but at worst it should get you to within a mb or so of the value you need.

I changed to zero and after 10sec shows 969 which was the value at WD when on the console I had 1025
Now I set alt to 500m again but after 10min shows 969 and the alt flashes, so no correction after 10min…

09:10am=Corrected after 20min, now the difference(offset?) 56hPa(- or +) where should I put it?

09:15am=Ok I did it (+56) and it show me the correct value but WHY its not sync like the other values and I have to offset manually?

01:45pm=My console show 1023hPa but on WD is the same 1025, it doesn’t change?

I will.
What do you mean about “raw barometer pressure in the separate wmr100/200 program” ?

it sounds like its starting to work now?

what do I mean?
there is a separate wmr100/200 program running
down in the system tray
double click that and you see the barometer data found

Almost, now console and WD have the same baro values(after putting offset, WHY I have to offset to see the same readings?) but I cant see baro in ,1 only 1020 1021, not 1020,1 or 1020,5 , why?

Do you mean with a decimal place?
If so, the resolution of WMR200 pressure reading is only to 1mb (see manual).