static forecast

Hi

lately after getting overflow/.net errors wxsim have started to forecast clear nice weather all day every day where the normal met sources are forecasting quite the oposite…

Is there a problem with the forecast data somewhere? (GFS?)

The server that supplies the GFS data was down over the weekend so if you were running WXsim in auto then it won’t have been getting that data.
It should be back to normal now though.

There has been a server database problem and a consequent GFS data failure over the last 2 days or so…but this has/is being sorted by Chris Admin…Most of us have been using the READY data as a backup to GFS data whilst every thing normalises again with the GFS data. The link to the Autoit system for READY data download can be found here if you require it.

Hi,

I just tested WXSIM and all data was received and processed. We are back in business.

John

hm, mine still put the forecast to whatever I have set for cloud cover, i.e clear og mostly cloudy and it set that for all five days I am forecasting…

I recently upgradedto the latest version, should I delete some files to get it working fresh? also I noticed I had some 64.000+ files in my wxsim folder… perhaps that also give me problems…

I probably don’t have the time to configure and run the READY file with autoit right now, but will definately do that in a few days, but need to get gfs data working asap off course…

I see that when I download GFS it show filesize as -1 bytes.

So it must be a config error somewhere when most people have gfs working and myself and one other not?

Try this:

I had same trouble with WxSim. GFS data is back and I had still troubles until now.
The solution was: Installation of latest WxSim version (12.3) and repair my crashed “custinit.txt” file. Since some months I have a backup “custinit.txt” file and after reloading my forecasts are ok.

Cheers
Gerald
http://members.inode.at/576265/

YES! :smiley:

Thank you!! the custinit.txt file was obviously the problem, I replaced it with a old backup file and it works fine :slight_smile:

Thank you again :smiley: