Spike limiter not working for me?

Hi,
I have been trying out the new spike limiting feature of 10.37c, but the spikes still appear in my graphs, hi/lo, min/max/averages etc… I have set the temperature spike limit value to 2 degreesC, which I persume means if the value varies by more than this from one log reading to the next (ie. 1 minute) and doesn’t stay at that value for the given timeout (70 seconds), then it is filtered out? I had a spike on temperature down to -19 C for a single log reading the other day and WD thought it was fine! Is there some other setting I haven’t turned on to enable spike filtering?
Thanks

Leonarda -
What sort of station equipment do you have?
Any wireless transmissions from sensors to the base station?

Ken

Hi,
yes, I have a wireless La Crosse WS2308. I have no problems with the wireless, it’s just these odd spikes every couple of weeks. I’ve written my own filter program in Java to correct the data, but it would be nice if I can get WDisplay to do it itself using the new “spike” feature Brian added. just can’t seem to get it to work??

Sorry typo, that should be WS2307.

Thanks Leonarda…
Somehow I suspected a WS23xx was involved. These series have more spike problems than any other set… Oh, I have a ws2310…

Okay, I posted a longish one on reducing the spikes sometime within the last month or so. Let me spend some time this evening looking for it, and i’ll post the links to the threads.

Ken
Maricopa, Arizona

These links might help you out…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/24165

www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,14495.0.html

www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,23098.0.html

Ken

Thanks Ken for the links.
Unfortunately i’ve done all the cable replacements recommended for a La Crosse, in fact i’ve never had a wind spike! so I think i’m lucky there! it’s just these infrequent temperature spikes, about once every 2 weeks, I would like to stop from ruining my hi/los/extremes etc…

I’m wondering if Brian has in fact not enabled it for a WS2307 yet?, maybe he has only done it for the WS3600? or maybe there’s a bug with the temperature spike detection? as most people have wind spikes maybe that’s where the concentration has been…?

Anyway cheers
Andrew