[Solved. Kind of.] WDLive behind a proxy webserver

Hi all,

Before, I was using webspace from a hosting company. WDLive worked just fine.

Now, I host stuff myself (and am in the process of setting up a new design for my weather website), and WDLive now tells me:

WDL Domain is [domain name] Your wdlconfig.xml is 172.16...

Because I have just one port 80 to give away, and am running several webservers (all VM’s, all for fun/hobby), I set up a proxy webserver.
This proxy webserver checks what request is coming in (what website is requested) and then forwards the request to the appropriate webserver. (Via ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse. Works like a charm for all other webserver stuff I’m doing.)

However… WDLive does not like this setup. What WDLive sees is the local/internal IP address of the webserver WDLive is installed on. It does not see the domain name, of course, since all domain stuff is being handled by the proxy webserver.
FWIW: If I visit the website within my local network, on the local IP 172.16…, WDLive does work.

Is there a way to convince WDLive all is good? Or will WDLive never work in a setup like this?

Thx :smiley:

Changed the title to indicate the problem is solved. Kind of.

I was in the process of rebuilding my weather website (now using Leuven Template), and couldn’t get the WDLive-files that came with the template to work. Copy/pasted my WDLive files from my previous weather website, and now it works. Obviously I was doing something wrong. Will try to figure out what, later on. For now, it works :slight_smile:

(The ‘kind of’ means that in this case, for this page, with my own code, there is no language switch option, that the template does have for all other pages.)