Saratoga - Update to 1037S B41 causes Conditions description to go blank

I updated to 10.37S B41 last night and it appears the conditions description in ajax-dashboard.php has gone to 3 dashes and won’t show the conditions. Anyone else notice this?

Likely related to you turning off the solar settings
As there has been no changes in WD to this
Make sure your script is not using the solar description tags

That’s not entirely true. Last night when I corrected my settings, it worked fine. After I updated, it stopped reporting the conditions. I’ll go back to B40 and see what happens, and post back here in a few minutes.

Ok, after I downgraded to B40, the problem is still persisting. That means there’s a setting in WD that’s not correct. Now if I could only find it! LOL!

Hi,

Is this the place that you are having issues with?

It seems to be working for my if this is the place. I am using FF 50.1.0 as my browser.

Regards,

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Conditions.png

No, this is the area on my page that is reporting the wrong conditions. The conditions image is correct now from the help I’ve been receiving from other members, but the conditions are not reporting correctly. It’s obviously not overcast right now.

Capture.PNG

Which tag is that field using?

are you sure have turned off set the icon from the solar?
and make sure to not be using the solar description tag

Brian, yes, and yes.

Ken’s script is using $currentsolardescription, but it’s used when determining the current cloud cover and current weather conditions from the metar or weather station ($weatherreport, $weathercond). I’ve asked him about this in another thread already. He insists there’s nothing wrong.

capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.PNG

METAR: CYVR 142154Z 27004KT 240V310 30SM FEW180 OVC250 02/M01 A3033 RMK AC1CS7 SLP273

“OVC250” that’s overcast at 25000.

As of 05:00 on January 15, 2017, there were no weather conditions text saved in the ‘clientraw.txt’ data file which is used by the JavaScript ‘ajaxWDwx.js’ to display near-real time information - the only data at position ‘49’ (which should contain the current weather description) are the three dashes (ie: ‘—’) which eventually appear on your weather page! :?

My clientraw.txt file is not out of date. It’s dated 1/15/2017 12:21 PM (now). Is that what you’re suggesting?

http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/north-america.php?icao=CYVR

The metar is reporting overcast conditions and so is your website. If you click on the icon on the WD main console window it should show you the current metar conditions, and if you have it set, your local summary image.

I have a feeling I’ve solved my issue! In the attached screen capture from the “Real Time clientraw upload for the Client viewer…” , I did not have “Use the current weather from a Metar” selected. Once I selected that, it started reporting the correct conditions.

If any of you think this should not be selected, and that my problem is caused by something else, please let me know!

Thanks,
Dan

Capture.PNG

That’s a good move.

Thanks to R_o_b for pointing out that (after the first page load) the current conditions are sourced from clientraw.txt and not a tag in testtags :slight_smile:

yes, you needed that setting set
(I think that is in the sarotoga instructions too)

I have never written that the ‘clientraw.txt’ data file was out-of-date.

What I tried to point out was that, once the weather page (such as the ‘ajax-dashboard.php’ script) has been downloaded onto the user’s computer (or phone or whatever) ready for displaying, the webtags data file is first used to ‘populate’ (or fill out) the different weather values.

Then, once the ‘ajaxWDwx.js’ JavaScript has been downloaded onto the user’s computer (or phone or whatever), it starts running. It looks for the ‘clientraw.txt’ data file, decodes it and then creates variables that will replace the values already displayed on the weather page (the near-real-time variables produced by the JavaScript will replace the values that were initially displayed using the webtags data file).

At 05:00 on January 15, 2017, the ‘clientraw.txt’ data file on your weather site, at position ‘49’, contained only three dashes (ie: ‘—’) instead of the current weather description text.

Indeed, activating the “Use the current weather from a METAR” option would add the METAR weather conditions to position ‘49’ of the ‘clientraw.txt’ data file. :wink: