Rain and more rain

Not as much rain as those in the hurricane hit areas and not a huge amount anyway, but around 10% (50mm) of the YTD rain here has landed in the last 4 days and it’s still falling!

Lucky you… we are still well down on rain and still have a hosepipe ban in force although I amunlikely to be out there watering the garden in November I still cant wash the car!

Stuart

We had 25% of our YTD rainfall in October and most of that was in the last week. More rain coming tonight… This year has been wetter than last already and no hosepipe ban!

Julian

I think it’s raining here, although it’s difficult to see with all the manmade fog!

I’ve just got back from cooking at the barbeque at the local school fireworks. 400 hamburgers and almost as many sausages sold in 90 minutes - my fog was caused by the grease on my glasses!

Thankfully the rain held off although it was forecast.

Julian

we had misty drizzly rain here for fireworks night too 8O

I had 15.29 inches of rain for the month of October.8O It was the rainiest month on record for my area and many other cities in the northeast USA. Other area’s nearby me had much more rain than that. Here is the public info statement issued on November 1st for the New York City, Long Island area. Kennedy Airport which is listed below and is located only 4 miles from me, is the metar I use to update the icons on my webpage.

Billy

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT…RECORD RAINFALL IN OCTOBER
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UPTON NY
315 PM EST TUE NOV 1 2005

…RAINFALL RECORDS SMASHED AFTER SOGGY OCTOBER…

AFTER THE FIRST SIX DAYS OF THIS PAST OCTOBER…IT APPEARED THAT THE
LOCAL REGION CONTINUED LOCKED IN A VERY DRY WEATHER PATTERN. AT THAT
POINT THERE WAS A GROWING DEFICIT OF RAIN THAT WAS BUILDING ON 5
CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF BELOW NORMAL RAINFALL. THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
IN CENTRAL PARK NEW YORK TOTALLED A MEASLY 0.48 INCHES OF RAIN…
3.75 INCHES BELOW NORMAL. WHEN RAINDROPS BEGAN FALLING DURING THE
DAY ON THE 7TH HOWEVER…WHO COULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT OCTOBER WOULD
RIVAL THE WETTEST MONTH ON RECORD IN CENTRAL PARK…SEPTEMBER OF
1882?

My metar report would have been +FU rather than BR!

windman, maybe you should change to be called rainman!