No Rain Updates in WD for Valsala WXT530 After Manual Snow/Rain Input

Over a month ago I manually added snow and the equivalent rain to WD. Since that day, WD is no longer recognizing rain from my Vaisala WXT530. I’ve looked at the data coming directly from the WXT530 and it appears to show rain. WD just isn’t logging the rain. It feels like it is stuck in manual input mode or the WXT530 is having issues. I’m not sure which. Did I click some WD setup option by mistake? Any pointers would be helpful. All other data from the WXT530 is represented accurately.

rain in the raw data is the RC=655.35

you can set WD to show debug info:
setup, advanced/misc
then tick, log the raw data
and then let me know what shows under view , debug info

Unfortunately, we’ve had a few days now without rain and the forecast is for continued sunshine. I’ll upload log file when it rains. Before then, I’ve noticed that when I start up WD, the Station Type baud rate is being reset to 4800 even though the system is configured at 19200 in setup and in Windows Device Manager. Even more bizarre, WD will not accept the change and communicate with the USB Com adapter unless you change the Station Type selection and then reselect the correct station. Where is the baud rate being pulled from? Is my configuration corrupted? Not sure if related, but I was using WD on this system to test out a WeatherFlow Tempest a few months back. Adding some pics on config to show how it is being set and when it looks like after closing app and restarting.

check to see if there is any error on start up under view, program event log
also
check the wdisplay.ini settings file:
[Weather Station Type]
vaisala wxt510 baud=

what is shown there

WSDIPLAY.INI was showing baud=4800. Nothing in Program Event Log. I closed WD and manually changed WSDISLAY to 19200. Restarted without any problems. It appears the WSDISLAY.INI is not being updated/saved for changes made through the Control Panel → Station Type & Settings menu page. Odd. I’m attaching the entire .INI file (renamed .TXT with passwords for WU removed and still showing baud=4800) for reference. There might be something else in the .INI that may be causing system to ignore rain from the WXT530. Thanks for looking and will capture the log file the next time we get rain.

WDISPLAY.TXT (37.3 KB)

Just a quick update. We’ve had almost no rain the last few weeks, but my WXT530 station was able to register 0.1” of precip over the last few days. It appears the baud rate conflict was the culprit. Setting the baud rate in setup did not update the .ini file. After manually editing, it appears to be back to normal operation. Will watch for the next month after we get some real rain. Thanks for the debug!

they key is that would need to have unticked the 4800 setting then ticked the 19200 setting in WD last