Newb question- how to build a weather page

Hello!

I’m new here. I found a few of your sites and really like them. I am interested in setting up some weather pages and a solar weather page but have no idea how to do it. I do have some experience with HTML, CSS but not much else.

I’d be interested to know if there is any tutorials that would be suitable for a beginner to use to set up a weather page? I do not have weather station equipment so I guess I would have to use some sort of weather feed?

At any rate, I’d appreciate any help and suggestions anyone might offer.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Weather-Watch forum. If you would like to set up a weather page, you do not necessarily need a weather station, but you do need Weather Display software. (this is a support forum for Weather Display) These are the items needed:

This forum has many helpful members who will can guide and teach you what you need to get going.

Thanks drobbins!

I already have a couple sites that I would like to actually add them in as pages? Or I could build them as sites and link to them too I guess.

Thanks again, I’ll start messing around and see where I end up.

Are your sites PHP or HTML?

If they are PHP, the Carterlake template pages and/or add on pages/scripts could be added with out much troubles. (you said that you have some experience) The template and add on pages are somewhat “modular”. The template is basically set up in 4 sections per page: header, footer, menu, and the main area.

The main thing you would need is to have WD software upload its files to one location. Then the other sites would have to be directed to that location. WD uploads data in files named clientraw, clientrawdaily, clientrawextra, clientrawhour, clientrawtemp, and testtags. All the templates and scripts read these files when the webpage is loaded.

If you are using HTML, WD also can upload data directly in the form of a .jpg or .gif. (like my avatar) These can be forecasts, moon phases, current condition icons as well as graphs. Using the testtags you can insert single or multiple data information anywhere in a webpage as needed

I think you will find that WD is very flexible and can do many things many different ways. The software engineer (Windy) is very active on this forum and is always happy to help.

I do have PHP but I’m not real familiar with PHP. I was looking at the set up for PHP and also the AJAX version of HTML and started to OD a bit on tech (it’s also Sunday 8O). I may start with the pure HTML and try to wrap my head around that first.

I was wondering how I would pull data for a space weather page? Would I do as if I were pulling from NOAA, I guess they probably have similar feeds?

See this thread: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/42903