Meteotemplate - new free website template

Very interesting Jachym, nice approach =D>

Thanks all,

well it has many advantages over the previous system - especially - total freedom in terms of customization, possibility of alternative sites, easy update (I can update any block independently if necessary and even all the settings of each block is saved separately so update does not mean losing your settings), the page loads instantly and one more very important thing…
just today meteoalarm.eu, the main website for EU weather warnings, was down again for half a day, causing that the pages of all EU users waited 20s before giving up. Now it means you would see the entire homepage fine just that one block would have a spinner for 20s and then show N/A. Whereas this morning, still with v.3.1, the page simply stayed white and blank for 20s… and user would long before then think the page does not work and leave…

Hi Jachym,

for the 4.0, i guess there as problem here… If the user want to change the language, like the french it will stay in english

Same here…cant change languages in the setting menu.On mine its in french and cant set to english…

http://meteolacstjean.com/hebert/index.php

in the webcam image block,it wont work if we put a link for image Like: $webcamURLs = array(“http://www.quebec511.info/Images/Cameras/Quebec/cam/0061.jpg?635786752800000000”);

cheers :wink:

Interesting… it works in the demo, just tried it.

Can you try if it works for you in the demo? Just want to see if it is a browser issue or server issue.

OK…just tried it and it works in french,english and italian language :wink:

On your page or the demo you mean now?

my page,now

ive sent you a video via FB

the demo

LOL… now I am confused guys… either way, I just tried several Meteotemplate pages and it did work, I will try to see what the problem is, I think it is something to do with the server configuration, there is an error in the console log showing headers are present, this could be due to some restriction on the server because it works for the majority. I googled it but there is tens of different things that can cause this sort of error, so I will look into it a bit more

Hummm. :roll: …not a lot of talking about Mango release huh ?..you guys are busy mounting your index.php/blocks hehehe

here"s mine http://meteolacstjean.com/hebert/index.php

really great work, having each block load like that :slight_smile:

Agree…thats a great improovement for the template…
One block missing and its to add what ever we want in it…i custom made some but,search a lot with try and error to make it work…But Jachym is aware of that and working on it

I think some more is coming up .

Brian: Thanks :slight_smile:

Carl: yes, I am in the process of creating a documentation for adding own blocks (I wrote about this on the WX forum)

I think some more is coming up .
No Carl, not "some more" a lot more :) I have so many ideas, the only limitation now for me is time... but I hope I will find it. Right now I just came home from work, but it looks like I will spend a few hours installing the template to the 2 guys who just sent me their FTPs because they have no idea what to do and don't speak a word Engish :D

Such a nice dude that Jachym :wink:

Good work, Jachym! =D>

The idea of the blocks, has greatly improved the template.

http://kocher.es/meteotemplate4/index.php

When you have more time, it would be nice, a help for “custom blocks” (to include a simple image, an iframe … etc)

exactly what ive said above :wink:

Hi Javier,

yes I already mentioned this above, I have like a “blank block” ready, but I still have to write documentation for it.

The problem is that on one hand, I made it extremely easy - placing blocks on the homepage is a matter of just typing their names… everything is done automatically, but on the other hand this also means you have to stick to certain predefined naming conventions, exact paths etc. to make it work. So I am by no means saying it is difficult to create a new one, but you have to know how to, so expect this to be ready within a matter of a few days

@ kocher…somthing wrong with your second menu… :roll:

Once there are a bit more blocks available and a bit more time passes I might create a new section on meteotemplate.com, where people can send me their index.php configuration (layout) so we can have like a gallery of users’ homepages LOL