Meteohub FAQ Now Updated

A big thank you to Skyewright who has updated the Meteohub FAQ today :smiley:

Folks,

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question. Although I am a software engineer and electronic engineer, I am VERY new to using these things. I may have overlooked this answer in FAQs or postings, but I didnā€™t see it.

The main purpose of buying a Meteohub is that I donā€™t want to keep a computer running all the time.
Does the data to a WD-Live web site need to get its data from WD running on a computer or can the Metohub post data directly to my site?

thanks all.
Nice stuff, fun, and nice site you have here.
Richard

Meteohub does upload the data file(s) needed for Weather-Display Live. Iā€™m not sure that all the fields related to the graphs are populated but the Live display is supported. Meteohub does have a support forum, we are generally not meteohub experts on here.

I am running a meteohub and the output data goes directly from a Davies VP2 console into the meteohub box and out to the meteohub server automatically via my router. On my website there is the Meteohub ā€œliveā€ information available (using an iFrame, to display) from the meteohub server. You can see that it comes up as weather information initially, then loads data and finally shows the ā€œLIVEā€ panel. This is NOT updated at the same rate as WD can do (in seconds), but rather at a default rate of every 5(?) mins I think. There is a Meteohub forum which explains how this can be done.

So yes, you donā€™t actually need a PC to be run continuously to have a ā€œLiveā€ example of data running when the page is called by a webpage browser.

However, to get the most from my wx data etc, I use WD on a Wx PC specifically to get the best out of it. :wink:

I hope this helps.

A very big thankyou indeedā€¦I concurā€¦ :slight_smile: