Master internet switch

My main problem is that when I turn on the main internet switch, and invite the ‘Connections’ page of the Control Panel/FTP section of WD to use WD’s own FTP and then ‘Save/OK’, it reverts immediately to it’s former setting ie it turns itself off.
I have other probs but can’t help feeling that solving this one could be a great help!

I wonder if there is a flag in your registry that is set but shouldn’t be?

I looked at my registry and .ini files and couldn’t see anything obvious to check maybe Brian will come along with a suggestion…

In the meantime I would try and install a second test install of WD, using these guidelines, http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/10889, and see if the problem repeats itself…

-Bob

try just clicking on OK
any errors under view, program event log?

Windy & Bob,
Many thanks. I’m afraid you are dealing with an individual who wouldn’t recognise a registry flag if he were saluting it!
Programme, event log reveals: ERROR: 102: The RemoteHost address is invalid (0.0.0.0). at time/date 08:49:12 17/06/07.
This whole saga started with me attempting to get started with WDL, the results of which you can see on my website: www.henstridgeairfield.com .
I have attempted to uninstall/re-install both WD & WDL, but the old settings always reappear & I’m convinced that as ever with computers, there is one tick where it oughn’t be or vice versa. Problem now, though is that I can’t even re-start my CWOP contributions, without which global warming might never get the attention it merits!
Meanwhile, working on topic 9235.0 & thanks again.

Joe

Joe,

If possible post a screen shot of your Connections screen…

The error you show indicates you haven’t set valid FTP access information.

Make sure you have filled out all of the FTP host information for your web site and that Use Weather Displays own FTP is ticked.

-Bob

A bit of advice, if your not sure what something does in WD, don’t do it. :wink:

Very, very rarely do you need to re-install WD.

WDL runs on your web server, not your local computer, so “reinstalling” it on your local computer doesn’t accomplish anything. :wink:

sounds like you have set up a IP/TCP address in WD that you should not have
I would do this:
action, delete windows registry entry (last item on the menu)
and then restart WD.,…and then all the registry settings should have been deleted and you can restart

Windy, Looney & Jax,
Thanks. Delete Windows registry has worked wonders & I’m now back on line with CWOP & cant be far from WDL.
Copy of connections screen attached.

Joe

Connections.doc (93 KB)

Joe,

You need to go ahead and fill in the FTP access information if you want to upload any files to your web site.

Then under Web files/Web page realtime enable Real time client… You shouldn’t have to do anything other then turn that on and it will start sending your clientraw files to your web server for WDL to use.

-Bob

Bob,
Thanks for all the trouble you’re taking. I’ve done what you suggest & am still left with the test data. I’m attaching a copy of my Terrapin page from which I upload stuff onto my website. Can you confirm that the address for the ftp is henstridge airfield.com/wx, or have I managed to get that wrong?

Joe

Terrapin.doc (101 KB)

Joe,

The shot you just enclosed of your FTP client shows:
/var/www/html/wx as a remote directory however I have no knowledge of your host, and they are all different.

You need to probably use ftp.henstridgeairfield.com as a host name and then try /www or www/html/wx or /var/www/html/wx as the initial remote directory, if /www is your root then most likely /www/html/wx would be what you want.

-Bob

Bob,
Many thanks. /var/www/html/wx was the answer! Now to register, configure and set up a web cam. I can’t help feeling that I’ll be back asking for help in the not too distant future.
Meanwhile very many tghanks to you, Jax & looney for helping out on this one.

Regards

Joe

Excellent Joe :slight_smile:

Glad we could help and when you get to that web cam if it is a USB cam check this out:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12307

-Bob

HI Joe, now you know the two main reasons for using weather display, One we believe it to be the very best program available. Two all of the great help from the users on this forum.
Chuck

Bob,
Thanks. THis is my first go at forums, and very rewarding too! I see, Bob that you are also Jax, so I’m beginning to get the hang of it.
Chuck,
Yes, quite right!
Now what, now that were done with this one? Do I send it to an archive somewhere, or does it just fade away through lack of interest?

Joe

HAHA! :lol: It stays and becomes a guideline for someone else to follow whomay be starting out not knowing what to buy or even howtosetup a website and what everything means :wink: It is your tribute to the club!!

The search functions can be very powerful at dragging things back up from memory or even on a wild-card search by topic or word. It serves as a FAQ or Frequently Asked Question standard form answer… :slight_smile:

You can find your own posts using the advanced search and your username and keyword and/or forum name, or you can go to your profile and select Your Posts - LHS.

Its interesting just watching reading and learning how others have a[pproached the Wx Stn setup operation. Well done - not afraid to ask questions - we are all learning!

TokKiwi

Joe,

It would also be good to edit your Forums Profile to show your location and station type, it also allows you to add your web site address for folks to have a quick link to see your site :slight_smile:

-Bob