Maplin WH1080PC offer

I have brought this weather station. Paid AU$80 which is less than 40 pounds on ebay (on ebay Australia they seem to be regularly selling for about this price). At this price, I think it is a great weather station and I suspect it will compete with anything I have seen for more than double this price. Range appears to be very good. I have no problem with approx 40 metres and most of my house, lots of metal and computing equipment, wireless gear etc between the console and the weather station. I think Windy who is the developer of Weather Display I think made the comment that he gets better range on this weather station than his Davis, which appears to be the benchmark for Weather stations.

On the plus :-

• price.
  • features
  • appears to be reasonable accurate (provided you place you temp sensor carefully as in the direct sun the radiation shield is not good enough…but better than another cheap weather station I have).

Cons :-

• easy weather software is a bit buggy. I can’t leave it running.
  • Weather Display is a good addon, but support is not seemless yet…but I think it is likely to be there soon. See more info on this thread.

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/32479