Leuven-Template 2.8 version available

Or at least the gauges seem to think it’s offline.
I’ve searched every setting I can think of, but can’t stop this.

Every night at 6pm the message box in the gauge panel and on the Steelseries page says the station is off line, but it’s not!
Also on the bottom right corner of the attached image you see that the 6:00pm value turns red.

The gauges are still working and showing the current data. What is causing the offline message?

Running the Leuven-Template 2.8 version with CumulusMX
My site is at: http://www.jcoinc.net

Thanks for any help. Really love the template by the way!

Jeff

You are running cumulusMX, which needs new tags files as date and time tags have a different format compare to the " old" Cumulus.

Unzip and replace the current realtimeTagsT.txt file and please test if it is OK.

Wim

realtimeTagsT.txt.zip (1.15 KB)

@ALL
The two times which are displayed come from

1. The 5 minutes tags file, that is the first date time field
  2. The realtime file for that weather-program.
    Depending on the weather-program used, it can be clientraw, realtimeTags a.s.o.

The 5 minute tags file has date and time fields so the exact date/time of the data in the file is displayed. If it is old data it is visible immediately.
Most realtime data files have only a time field which is displayed without knowing if it is data from the same or a previous day.

In this example the format of the time in the realtime file was invalid and always returned 6 PM for that time zone.
Until 6 PM the realtime data seemed to be more recent so that time was displayed normal. After 6 PM the time was before the 5 minute time so the time was printed in red and could be clicked on to go to the status page.

Normal situation (99% of the cases) both times in black, second time a few minutes later than the first, ALL OK, no action needed.
Sometimes the file is not uploaded so the time will not change and become red during the day. Clicking on it => Status page to investigate.

Wim

datetime.jpg

Wow, that was a fast reply!, Thanks

I’ve changed out the files and the 6:00pm in the bottom right has become the current time. Looks like it’s working ok now.

Do I have to do any thing with the file “tagsCU.php” thats included in the scriptsCU directory? I can’t find where this file is used or where I should put it.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

You should leave it as is.

How does it work:
Cumulus reads tags.cu.txt => translates the tags into weather-values => uploadeds it as tagsCU.txt.

If there is a visitor at your site:

1. the scripts first check if there is a more recent uploaded tagsCU.txt compared to the last-time cached data.

2. if the upload is more recent the “tagsCU.php” script reads tagsCU.txt, cheks it, units conversion is done and the result is cached for the next visitor.

3. The requested page is assembled, realtime data if present is also read and sent to the visitor.

4. The gauges and other realtime scripts in the browser are requesting updated data every so many seconds, so point 1,2,3 are rerun every time the realtime data is requested.

The only script which understands Cumulus way of doing things is “tagsCU.php”. All others are used by multiple weather-programs.

Wim

Great info on your last 2 posts. I understand a bit more now.

Thanks

Hi
have notice something not quite right with the text on the 6 hour Metno forcast showing 18-00 at top of each day when should be at the bottom see attached

Harold

PS have just checked version 2.7 and 2.6 and its the same on those as well

Screen Shot.JPG

Sorry, will check that next weekend. Wim

hello Wim…

I changed the leuven templates from the older 2.7 version/weather2 folder to the newer version 2.8d /weather28 folder for Northport NY USA Site and just wanted to ask if you can update this on your list of users links for Northport NY USA.

HIS old link was: northportnyweather.com/weather2

and now the new link is:

northportnyweather.com/weather28

ALSO on your list of Users for the templates there is a link for Union city TN Usa, but this person entire Saratoga and Leuven Sites are No Longer available as the owner of the site Warren…has passed Away a few months ago and his sites are both gone. the link for his site is this one on the list of users:

union city TN USA
unioncitywx.com/weather2/

Thank you…Chris at gateway2capecod.com

@Chris at gateway2capecod.com

Sorry to hear that.

I updated the user lists for both sites,

Wim

Hi Wim
I take it you have not had a chance to check out the item I posted in reply #46 above yet but will keep an eye on it for an update

Harold

The problems with yahoo take to much of my time. It will be solved with 2.9.
Wim

Hi Wim
it was the Metno forecast with the issue so will wait till version 2.9

Thanks
Harold

hello WIM…

Any idea why my sunrise/sunset time always says 7:OO?? is there some file I need to edit somewhere for this to work correctly>?

my page using the 2.7 version is here:

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/weather2/index.php?p=67&lang=en

is there some files I could copy from the newest template version 2.8 to fix this without uploading my entire site to version 2.8?

Thank you…Chris

Quick question to you Wim.
Is there any eta date when 2.9 is going to release?

version 2.7 is fully supported. Please do not copy scripts from one version to another.
This is the support page for 2.7: Support for Leuven-Template for weather-sites
Install update 2015-08-08 for the change in the USNO api.

Succes, wim

Every 6 months a new release, 2.9 planned for May/June.

With the loading of previous settings, the configure program and the separate folders for user scripts and texts, installment is far easier as before already with 2.8

Wim

Hello Wim,

Finally getting around to upgrade from 2.6, mostly everything is going ok but I have an issue with the WXSIM page, it does not show the rain in the chart…http://stillweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsWxsimPrintFull&lang=en#data-area

I also cannot seem to figure out the warnings, I used to run a cron for page 57-3 but that has changed?

Any ides?

Thanks.

Good morning,

=== WXSIM

Please check line 33/34 in wsWxsim/wsWxsimSettings.php
Both lines are set to a comment.
Change line 34 : remove comment mark at first position and change the uoms to reflect your latest.csv

$uoms         = array('F','in','mph','mb','in','mi');       // for US uoms 

=== CRON

The cron script is weather??/cron_job.php
Use http://stillweather.com/weather28/cron_job.php in the cron settings.
It will check if the “Curly” scripts are used and it displays some debug info if needed and the time spent.

Success, Wim

Thank you that worked!