Lacrosse WS2010 users please comment

i dont know where werner gets the plausibility value from, LOL
he is the real expert on these stations.
i dont think i ignore the value if a sensor error either…
but i will review once again

I Have the same 2010 as you and have experienced the same problems that you have… through the advice of this forum I placed my pc interface as far from my computer (reduce interference) as possible, and for the first time in over a year I have clear data and great reception. I have not had a single day of lost data since Nov. 2002. Prior to that date I never had a complete week (7 days) of good data.

I originally felt it was software related, but have since found numerous hardware problems with the two LaCrosse products I own (2010, and 2310).

I will continue to use a wireless station, but am looking for a new one to rely on. The LaCrosse barameter, humidity, and exterior temp sensors need work… their pc interface has such a short serial wire that you can’t get it far enough away to do you any good, and the antanne is a joke.

From the looks of the replies above, some owners don’t seem to have a problem, and this is what drove me nuts the past year when I asked for help… the hardware apparently works for some and not for others. I don’t have a problem with the company (they have replaced all of my faulty sensors), just the equipment. I want something I can depend on.

John,
I don’t know if this will help you but it sure did me…I had nothing but trouble with my 2310 the first week or so(back in November) station kept losing sensors, blanking out, wind quit etc…but I did two things that so far have seemed to cure all my hardware ills. I went to the hardware and bought a telephone cable extension (for the serial cable its 25’ long) and put my station where I wanted it, away from my PC and then I bored a hole through the wall and went hardwire…since then as far as I can tell(comparing my data to a nearby prof station and some mechanical displays I have) no hardware problems. Before that almost everytime I rebooted and at various times during the day I would lose signal, I live on the outskirts of a small town but wonder if part of my interference was from radio or electronic signals.
Jon

Hello,

How long serial cable can be to be used with the HF pc interface??

thanks

:roll:

Beru,
I have 25’ of cable added to the original serial cable that came with my 2310 (standard 4 wire telephone cable with molded ends available at your local harware store?) mine has male by female ends. I have noticed that most come with male to male ends (in which case you would have to use a coupler).
Jon

Appreciate the info on the 2310, but I found it did not work with any of the situations Iwant or need. There are just too many problems with placement of the central unit and the location of the sensors for proper readings when used as a wireless unit (that is the only unit that will work for me).