IPhone application

Hey Windy,

I have a complete download of the iPhone SDK on my computer. If you would like, I’d be happy to put it on a DVD and post it to you (from Australia, so should be pretty quick). It might take me a few days to do so, but that sounds like it could still be useful… and would save valuable data allowance for the PPC 10.4 version of Weather Display. :wink:

As an old colleague of mine once said, “never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes driving down the freeway”.

Cheers,
Robin

Hi
see my post at the top of this page…I already have it sent to me via a dvd from a user in OZ
:slight_smile:
(thats why I have been able to produce my first test program OK)

oops - think I must have posted the reply at the end of page one!

Happy to help test - I have an iPod Touch, but the code should run fine on it as well (via WiFi link to the net, or to my own weather station).

About to migrate my old WD system from an ancient PII system to a Mac Mini too (rest of the house went Mac some time ago).

Cheers

Hi there, any progress on iPhone app? I’d love to have one on my iPhone soon, so looking forward to it!

Geir

hi, just wonder how the iPhone app work is going?

Hi, I am still curious if you have come anywhere with the iPhone app? Just wondering…

I see Davis have bought out an iPhone app now. Weatherlink.

The davis app is to be honest a bit shoddy (in my view) it looks horrible and updates are slow.

I got round the issue by simply tweaking the safari code so it runs like an app, updates every 3 seconds - see:

http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2009/07/iphone-live-weather-app.html

I was planning to put the icons/details online this week so others could use it, so any thoughts welcome… a proper WD App would be fantastic though, i would certainly pay for one.

Andy

any development on iPhone app? would be nice…

I would be a great tester for you once you’re ready!

Can’t wait for something like this!!!

hi Brian, anything happening on the iPhone app? would have been grate you know…

Count me in when you need testers.

there is already one that has been developed
see that thread elsewhere on the forum

Damn I have been watching this one waiting for months… I’ll have to look elsewhere. cheers

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/44396