Invalid Data Errors

I have been using the PWS Dashboard template with no problems for many years. Last week, I replaced my router with a Google Wifi. The data from my Acurite Atlas flows to Weather Underground with no issues, but once a day, the PWSDashboard goes blank and says invalid data. Once I generate a new Weather Underground API key, and put it in the Settings file, everything goes back to normal. Any idea what could be causing this daily Invalid Data error. It happens at different times of the day, usually afternoon or evening.

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Hi Chris,

When this error occurs, make a copy of . . /jsondata/wucom.txt
Maybe there is adescxriptive error in the file.

Before generating a new API-key, check the number of API-access in your WU-Dashboard.
It has a maximum of 1500 accesses / day

Such as graphs, WU-realtime data, forecasts
For 1 website loading all that data 1500 calls should be adequate.

Would be very helpful if you posted the link to your PWS_Dashboard site.
Then I can help you by checking the data downloaded from WU

Wim

Fairly difficult to test: version: PWSD_1912

It is not clear to me how and where your problem " PWSDashboard goes blank and says invalid data." originates from. Not the number of accesses to the WU server for this dashboard:

480  PWS_load_files.php (280) WU-ccn________: File not old enough (70/180 seconds)
 144  PWS_load_files.php (280) WU_forecast___: File not old enough (257/600 seconds) 
  48  PWS_load_files.php (280) WU-today-CSV__: File not old enough (258/1800 seconds) 
   6  PWS_load_files.php (280) WU-month-CSV__: File not old enough (2687/14400 seconds)
   2  PWS_load_files.php (280) WU-year-CSV___: File not old enough (22187/43200 seconds)
----
 680 access / 24 hours

You main website is http://moreheadcityweather.com/ which is running the running the Murry Conarroe scripts. Does those scripts also download their data from WU?
Do you have any idea how much data and when?

You could check your WU-dashboard and make a screenshot of the API usage.
And save a copy of the jsondata/wucom.txt file when the problem exists.

Out of ideas for now, sorry
Wim

Hi Wim,

Here’s the error from the jsondata/wucom.txt file

Access Denied

Access Denied

You don’t have permission to access “http://api.weather.com/v2/pws/observations/current?” on this server.

Reference #18.1eaad617.1690654206.196144b8

Also,
Ive been changing the apiKey everyday to get it running again. Seems like it is over 1500 today. Don’t know what is causing this. Never had this issue before.

I edit the Murry Connaroe script by hand, it does not use Weather Underground data.

QUESTION: Do you use the WU api key in any other script /website?

ToDo:
Rename the pwsWD/ folder and do not run any pwsWD scripts for a day.
And do not post the new name of the folder

Set the new API key.
And change the settings at any place you use it, but not in the pwsWD scripts or settings.

Let’s see how the new graph looks tomorrow.

Succes,
Wim

Hi Wim,

I discovered my issue. I had another script that was calling the API every minute. I changed it to every 5 minutes and all is well today. Thanks for your help in diagnosing the issue.

Chris