Including BOM Severe Weather Warnings

Hi all.
I would like to include the Severe Weather Warnings for my area (Riverena) on my site somehow. I did a search on google etc and actually came across a mention of a script that used to seem to do this but the page no longer exisits.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some info please? Not sure if I should use the WD’s download page unit or if there is a script available. I write software in Delphi so may end up having to put something together but we will see whats available first.

See if this is helpful…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/49915

Jack

Thanks Jack. I will look at it further and see what I can do. I may be able to adapt it to the BOM (Australian Beaurea of Meteorology). I used to get emails from them with the alerts but that seemed to stop years ago. May have to see why as it would have made it easy…

secs - did you ever get an solution to this? Its been something ive wanted to do for ages.

Well I have been on other projects but in my emails this morning I got a weather warning sent by someone I signed up to. I whave copied it here below. I may be able to work something with it yet. If you want to PM me your email, I will forward a copy just so u can see it… It has a few images as well

VIC Severe Weather Warning: Damaging Winds
Source: Bureau of Meteorology
for people in the Snowy Mountains, Australian Capital Territory, Metropolitan, Northern Tablelands, South Coast, Illawarra, South West Slopes, Hunter, Southern Tablelands and Central Tablelands forecast districts
Issued at 11:55 am EST on Monday 20 June 2011.

Weather Situation
Increasing northwest winds ahead of a strong cold front expected to move through southeastern New South Wales during Tuesday.

Destructive winds averaging 80 km/h with peak gusts around 130 km/h are forecast for parts of the Southern Tablelands and Snowy Mountains forecast districts above 1900 metres.

Alpine Peaks may experience winds averaging 100 km/h with peak gusts around 160 km/h

Damaging winds averaging 60 km/h with peak gusts around 95 km/h are forecast to develop this evening and overnight in the parts of the Australian Capital Territory, Metropolitan, Northern Tablelands, South Coast, Illawarra, South West Slopes, Hunter and Central Tablelands forecast districts.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:

Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
Keep clear of fallen power lines.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
BoM Radar | Early Warning Network | Unsubscribe