I'm Green...Help!!

I have a web site that I want to upload WD data to. I’ve have spend several hours going over and over the setup process. I really wanted to be able to do this following the steps provided but I’m not getting something right. Under the FTP/Internet Setup/Connections…what exactly goes in the box FTP Host/Server? To the right of that box, what goes in Remote Directory? I have my upload times set. Main switch is on. I don’t understand the clientraw files and whether anything is needed to get it uploaded. I have something at my current URL that I made through FrontPage…so with that in mind…if I upload a WD page will it replace my current web content (which is fine). I just want to get the stuff to the site!! This has not been that hard. I feel like I’m almost there. Somebody will read this and give me one set of instructions and it will work. #-o

Put in the URL or IP of the server machine.

Put the path, relative to your ftp login, where you want the WD files to go to. (If you use the root directory on your server then this can remain blank). If you supply a path name here it will usually start with a / .

Follow the steps in the Basic Webpage FAQ http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13162

Thanks for the help I’ve been getting. I’ve benefitted something from each person. Here’s where I am now…I’m making connection to my server but my FTP Log reports: ERROR: 11004: [11004] Valid name, no data record (check DNS setup) at time/date.

That is a firewall issue, allow FTP program to get throught the firewall.
Peter

If you have a third party firewall and or a hardware firewall make sure you shut off the windows firewall. Or if you only use the windows firewall go in and allow your site under exceptions. Like pinkpanther said allow your firewall to allow your ftp program. I had an issue with my 5 day forecast would not download to my computer. I shut if off windows firewall it started working.

Chuck

WD’s FTP program’s are called FTPUPD.EXE, CLIENTRAWREALTIMEFTP.EXE, CLIENTRAWREALTIMEFTP2.EXE so those are the ones you need to allow.