help with my webpage setup

Hi All : I have a LA Crosse w2310 . I would like to see my weather station on line also. I have been looking at your posts also, and trying to learn. :roll: I too have verizon isp. Not to worried how it looks, default from WD is okay.
I am a newbie at this too, and want to LEARN HOW. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R. Lennon

Perhaps starting with this FAQ:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13162

-Bob

Hello and welcome to the forum…rjlennon…It seems difficult at first, but as time goes on, and with the help of some of the great other members in here, an also the Author himself a member of the forum,…it is realy not too hard to firgure out and get a basic website up in running with weather display on it. one thing you will also need , if you dont already is the weather logger/ data logger, for connecting your weather station to your PC.

Have fun and have a good evening…Chris in USA

The WS2310 will connect to the PC direct and doesn’t need a logger in line to work. :wink:

I setup my WS2300 last week using WD & WDL and it went quite smoothly, just use the link that Bob’s posted for you and that’ll get you going. Then you can fine tune it and feel free to ask any questions you have.

If you post your website address then we’ll be able to see the html coding you’ve used along with the files, in case there are any alteration that need to be made.

I’ve used Dreamweaver to setup the look of my web pages (top banner and links within the site) but I let WD’s built-in FTP do the upload of the it’s own files. It takes a little time for some of the files to upload so don’t be surprised if they don’t appear on your page immediately.

The best tip I can give is: If something isn’t working, but looks fine, then make sure you’ve set the same time to creat & upload the files for that item. That was the main problems I had. :wink:

a good tip (i think s0), Budgie,is, remove the width command from the html code to display your summary image
(so that when its not showing the separate sunrise/set icon it does not then look all distorted by the html code showing it wider than it is)
from your page:
http://www.hebrides-photos.com/Hebrides-Weather.htm