Hello from a Newbie

Just to say hello to all you Guru’s and Forumites.

Just been given the task of sorting out our clubs weather station and it looks like I’m gonna need some help to get it back on our website again.

Greetings, ask questions, someone will have the answer I’m sure.

Welcome. :smiley:
And don’t forget; Search is a wonderful thing and the FAQ section of the forum is worth a look. :wink:

Thanks for the quick response.

We did have someone that set all the software up and which was working ok, but after losing interest and throwing his toys out the pram over a petty issue, I have now been asked to take over running the station.

On the PC that we have the weather station software installed on, I discovered that my predecessor had not emptied the recycle bin which had some wd files in.

What I need to do is to reactivate the software to update this page: http://www.islandyachtclub.org.uk/weatherstation/indexbar.html Can you advise me please?

Which weather station does the club have an what software is it using at the moment?
Is Weather Display still on the PC and is it a registered copy?
Finally, what do you want to display on the page?

Hi Budgie I have just posted a question in ‘WD Questions’ also!

Yes the software is registered, its version is 10.37m. What I need the page to do is display a live update

Well it looks like all the files are still on the website so the main thing is to get Weather Display to start uploading the “clientraw.txt” files to the website.
The one that’s on there seems to be up to date but is showing 5/4/2011 as the date so I would check the date/time settings on the PC. :wink:

Make sure that the weather station is talking too to Weather Display and data is being recorded. If this is OK then have a read through this FAQ and make sure all the settings are correct. http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/10872

Your version of Weather Display is quite an old one so I don’t know if you want to update it before you set about getting the web page going again or stick with what you have for now?

I think first of all until I get to know the software and settings it’s probably best that I stick with what I have at present before upgrading.

The Weather station is talking to the software which I got going after a reset 3 weeks ago and the display on the pc is working fine, but its now the task of getting the software to upload live data to our host which is the problem I’m having at present.

P.S As a sailor its great to see our coastguard getting support, I appreciate your signature!

Parts 1 to 8 on this FAQ may be of use as well for uploading to the website.
As long as you have the correct server details and location that you want to send the data then it should work OK.

If you click on that text in my signature then you’ll see where I work. :wink:

Thanks for the links Budgie, all working now! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://www.islandyachtclub.org.uk/weatherstation/indexbar.html

All down to backing it up now then carrying out upgrades and tweaks I suppose! :roll: :roll: :wink:

Glad you got it sorted so fast. :smiley:

There are loads of things you can do with Weather Display if you want too, like current conditions “stickers” for other pages on the website, webcam animation, charts & graphs…
There are also a load of PHP scripts that were written by members of this forum that may come in handy, like the UK weather buoy map or displaying the Southend-on-Sea forecast and local Met Office weather warnings. :wink:

Have a dig around and look at otehr members websites to see what can be done.

Martin.

Welcome to the Forum Popeye :smiley:

Thanks for the welcome Chris. It was very encouraging to receive help here so fast!

Dave

There are a lot of very helpful people in the forum so you’ll usually get a useful reply quickly unless you’ve asked a very difficult question.

Welcome Aboard Popeye!!!

Where is Olive Oil?

…gateway2capecod/chris