Ftp raw upload trouble

Can anyone give me a hint on why the regular ftp is working and this won’t?

rawftp.txt (1.18 KB)

Looks like it’s using the wrong password for the account

220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
USER Dkaplan59w
331 User Dkaplan59w OK. Password required
PASSWORD=****
530 Login authentication failed
141: 530 Login authentication failed

Are you using a different FTP setting for the clientrawrealtimeftp?

Ken

Don’t know how it got changed, but I hit the import button and now it seems to be working. Thanks…

Here is another FTP log problem. What is too many connections? #-o

ftplog.jpg

A limit imposed by your web host on the number of concurrent FTP connections you can have open.

ok, how do I fix it so there are not so many connections?

How many connections does your host allow? Are you running the regular ftp and the realtime ftp? Any more ftp’s?

I’m running the regular FTP and the realtime, thats all I know that I’m running.

…and your host allows 2 sessions?

Make sure your realtime is set up according to the FAQ inlcuding the “yellow” options.

If dead sessions are not clearing quickly off the server it may take a while for it to be OK again.

I talked to Godaddy and they said that some ftp programs use 2 connections at the same time. And I should find out if the one’s I’m using do, if they do then the 2 programs are trying to use 4 ftp’s and thats why it won’t connect.

You can also try setting your FTP to Passive for both the regular and clientraw-realtime. The ‘number of connections’ problem may be caused by both FTP’s trying to use port 21 for uploads at the same time… the Passive mode will allow each program to use port 21 to establish a session, then switch to a high-numbered port for transmission.

For your clientraw, also try the ‘use rename from temp’ option (to make your clientraw.txt more available).

I had to set all my programs to use Passive in order to get WeatherLink, Weather-Display, GRLevel3, NexStorm and Image-Salsa to all work without interference.

Ken

Thanks, I’ll try and find the passive settings for both, I also noticed a jpeg error #52 in the error log.

I can’t the passive setting for the FTP raw client. I still can’t get both upload’s working at the same time. :banghead:

[b][size=14pt]Help me please, I’m going nuts!!

( Ok, The above was a little over the top! Thanks to you all for the help.) :wink:

I can't the passive setting for the FTP raw client
there is a setting for that in the webfiles/web page setup, real time ftp setup

maybe your isp/ftp server is not allowing too many concurrent ftp connections?

I can’t seem to find that setting. #-o

Control Panel > FTP & Connections > Connections tab

About 2/3 the way down the page on the left, it’s red.

There is no separate passive option for the realtime ftp, this one check box does it all.

Will that work for the 1st one as well or only the 2nd ftp?

I would use the one Niko suggested. That is the only one I’ve ever used. I did remove my message with the screen caps. Didn’t realize that I had captured my user name and info. #-o

–Dave

I think it’s global.