Ftp bug [RESOLVED]

There is a bug with WD when it tries to upload in the ftp section in the control panel. When the option “Upload the files to the below FTP server as well” is ticked I get this error below and no files get uploaded. Using the passive mode makes no difference either. HELP!

list of files uploaded
actual messages from upload session
Start Timedate105046 AM 642010
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Checking for what else to do…
there are 1 more things to do
Starting FTP transfer Now to 2nd server
Doing abort procedureprogram close…

post a screen shot of the general ftp setup

here it is

did you check with your ISP? sometimes if they are down or their server is down it won’t accept the files.

In fact, I use Hostmonster… and without warning I noticed the same thing, I went to their site and couldn’t log in, so I called them… They reset the password to default and said that I had to change my password to get in … some security issue they had. I did that and it works fine.

But I would check that. Also try this… go into the general ftp upload and send one file to see if it will send it.

I also recommend going to the WD site, download a fresh copy of the whole program. It is a verson or so back, but it has everything. download that on top of the version you have, just incase something went sour. IF that doesn’t fix it, go to your directory, take out the ftpup program, rename it something else and put it on the desk top. Then install the downloaded version on top of that and it should replace the ftpup incase it got screwy. Then try it.

using another ftp program to manually upload files it works fine so it must be a WD issue

Have you tried selecting passive mode on the other ftp server? Sometimes that’s a requirement.

I use the upload selected files to another ftp server myself and that works OK
so its not a WD issue here
and others use it OK

are you using the latest version of the Ftpupd.exe program and a recent update of WD?

using passive mode makes no difference and WD is the latest version yes but how do I check if I have the latest version of Ftpupd.exe program? I thought the Ftpupd.exe program is part of WD! Who can help in this please?

what is the time/date stamp on the Ftpupd.exe program?

also if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will test here with your setup

(but note that I am away today helping with a school trip)

is it the wdisplay.ini file you want Brian?

This FAQ http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12684 describes what Brian needs.

the time/date stamp on the Ftpupd.exe program is 3/8/2010 11:55 so this seems updated ok

Please start a new thread for your issue. Things get very confused when different issues/questions/answers are interleaved in the same thread. Thanks.

the problem is that the FTP server you have set is not valid
check the spelling (there might be a missing i ?)

the other problem is that when a ftp server address was not valid, and could be resolved, there was no error shown

this update fixes that
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/ftpupd.zip

ok problem solved now thanks