Thanks to the hard work of forum member Yves and his creation of a .so (dll ) file for me to use
With the help of my brother we have this working (taken some hours!), getting data from a davis wmmii, in a test program now
so now just need to convert the linux program over to use this and then no more serial memory leak problem with the latest kernal versions
also, i can now write a non xwindows console program that can output the clientraw.txt file data for WDL to use…
soak test been running now for 7 hours, will leave it running overnight
yes, this console version , to produce the clientraw.txt file data for WDL, means in theory you could have it running on a Linksys router even ! (which has a serial port (needs wiring up Ricky told me))
I have check the last version, “P” with the last comdata program, and don’t works, (for me), I don’t know if there is any special configuration, but comdata tell that are receiving data but was not writing in the comdata.txt file that has values from last March, now I have the minimum value for the temperature today of 10 degrees instead 28.
I was checked the permissions to write the file, and, in theory, it has permissions.
The station is a Oregon WRN982N, also, when run the program, the first screen about the battery status say that all batteries are full at 100%, also for extra sensors that I don’t have. I have 1 extra sensor, and the graphic put also 100% for sensor 2 and 3
i seem to have the new comport driver running stable now (with the help of Yves)
I will soak test overnight
it should work ok with the wmr968 station
i will test with my wm918 station tomorrow
i will check on the code for the battery status tomorrow
Just to keep everyone up to seed
Yves and I are still working through some bang your head on a wall issues and strangeness
(it all works ok when connected to a serial LOOP back)
also i have come up with a way of grabbing the web images with out having to bring the windows to the front.,…and then having them missed, and the background grabbed instead
the graphs and dial images are able to be saved as individual .bmp images
and then i would need to draw those images onto a image canvas and then also draw the necassary text onto that canvas as well
will take a bit of work, but will be worth it in the long run
OK, different tack here at the moment
I think I have a way of freeing the memory up with the com port component I was using
i.e with the separate comdata program
if anyone who has used this program, or could test this new update for me, that has the memory leak: http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/comdata.dat
(remove the .dat to make it an executable)
and then click on the free memory button, and then see if the the memory use that has accumulated has been released
if this works, then I can incorporate it back into WD and out in to releaese the memory every hour(i actualy free the component and then recreate it again!)
Hi Brian. I downloaded the latest and greatest through the links, and I can not get any data through at all. I get the occasional green blink, but mostly red.
The one time I did get any data through to WD, it was was out to lunch.
I’m running a WMR-968, Fedora 7, with a 2.6.21-something kernel… This setup did work with an eariler version before the comport split. This isn’t my production machine, thats got the win32 version and wine simmering at the moment.
i will test here with my wm918, that separate comdata program
it might be that i need to do a DTR/RTS toggle or similar for the wmr968
(which if this free memory works, I will put it all back into WD itself)