Davis Data logger and build 39

I have a new Davis VP station. WD runs the Davis data logger and the data appears to download but WD is not updated. There is no data in WD. What is the current fix?

and you have gone through and set the default log files and data files?

Can you see the data on the main screen?

Has WD ever recorded data from the Davis?
Are you using a Serial or USB datalogger?
If you have a USB datalogger, when you set it up, did you use Weatherlink to find the COM port and if/when doing this did you tell Weatherlink that you had a Serial or USB connection?

If you told it that you have a USB connection then it will be working in USBExpress and WD can’t use the data from it, it needs to have Serial selected. If this is the case then there’s a thread in the FAQ section about it. :wink:

Is the counter actually counting packets received?
You should see a green rather than red ‘LED’ there too.

The blue downloading data box will appear when WD starts, but unless a yellow bar advances on it showing data received, it isn’t connecting properly.

So far none of these are a help. I’ve run WD for 3 years and have tried everything I know. As I said the data logger is downloading data from the station but it isn’t updating WD. The bottom status light is red and the top blinks green. SO WD is saying the data quality is red.

Have you got the same Baud rate set in WD as is set on the VP2?
Also, as the VP2 is a new station, make sure you remove anything in the old station setup screen in WD. There’s a check box on each page to NOT use this station type but I can’t remember the exact wording.

Yes and all removed from previous station. Still won’t work

and the logger is firmly attached to the console?

Is the VP2 downloading data to Weatherlink OK and can you see the data being updated in Weatherlink?

Also, just to be sure, I don’t see answers to my previous questions:

We need to know the answer to these to be able to help further as these are the most common reason for a VP2 not to connect to WD. :wink:

VP2 is working fine in Weatherlink.

WD recorded Solar but nothing else at first then quit even that.
It’s a USB data loggr.
I have set weatherlink to serial.

I read the FAQ which didn’t help.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

BTW, I transfered WD to a new computer using the FAQ here. WD seems to work just fine.

I’ve owned a computer since 1982. Over the years I’ve learned that I have little control over communications. Communications between hardware and software and hardware to hardware. It is supposed to operate one way but often operates in an unexpected way.

So it is with WD and the Davis data logger. I’ve been using Cumulus for a few days and it worked fine but I WANT MY WD! So this morning I closed Cumulus and started WD. I’ll be damned if the blue box didn’t startup and the yellow lines appeared. Then it stopped and the Received Green light was flickering and the Data Quality was red. Suddenly, data appeared on screen and data quality went green and WD continued to be updated by the data logger and is still working??? Go figure!!

I am VERY happy to be back with WD!!! No other software compares!

Thanks for all the attempts to help me!